HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Setup is confusing  (Read 7531 times)

DrainStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Setup is confusing
« Reply #15 on: Oct 01, 11, 10:52:41 AM »

okay good to know, that makes all problems disappear.

I got disconnected then i relogged into the world and all my instances in my area are gone, now i have to start from beginning  :-\

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Oct 01, 11, 10:56:22 AM »

You were probably editing a play instance and not an edit instance. I promise if you rdad and follow all of the instructions and tutorials it will make tour life much easier.

DrainStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Oct 01, 11, 11:14:59 AM »

"Exporting art from 3D Studio Max or Maya (requires Art Server Setup) "

Why is an Art Server required? I can just export the Maya file with the Export Pipeline and load it up to the Repository Browser, can't I ?
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 11, 09:45:18 AM by DrainStudios »

Raven

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 11, 10:04:45 AM »

Why is an Art Server required? I can just export the Maya file with the Export Pipeline and load it up to the Repository Browser, can't I ?

Yes you could do that. However you need the art server so HE knows how to load up your textures. Setting up an art server is very very easy and takes very little effort. Check video below for how to setup one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v1YfXXip3I

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 11, 10:33:13 AM »

If you're still wondering about the Art Server, you can just use a directory on your own computer as your 'Art Server', but follow the directions in the wiki to make sure your local directory is organized correctly or your assets will likely break when added to the repository.

DrainStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 11, 02:31:26 PM »

Yes you could do that. However you need the art server so HE knows how to load up your textures. Setting up an art server is very very easy and takes very little effort. Check video below for how to setup one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v1YfXXip3I

Thank you so much, a simple youtube video is so much better than a confusing Wiki article. I hope you will make more tutorials. :) I created a new folder to put my textures in it so i know which are mine and which are default, but in the texture browser i can only select textures which are in   HE/world/livecontent/Terrainmaps/Generic

How can i select the textures in the folder HE/DrainStudios/textures ?
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 11, 02:33:39 PM by DrainStudios »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 11, 03:46:36 PM »

This is more of an Art/Art Pipeline question than general discussion, but the short answer is you are required to use a sub directory of World\LiveContent\TerrainMaps  for your terrain textures.

There are a variety of ways you can choose to keep the files separate, but creating a directory :
HE\World\LiveContent\TerrainMaps\DrainStudios, would be a simple method.

Please note that textures must have the appropriate suffix, '_d' for diffuse and '_n' for Bump+Spec textures, and in .dds format to be displayed in the terrain texture browser!

shadowfire

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 04, 11, 05:54:50 PM »

You were probably editing a play instance and not an edit instance. I promise if you rdad and follow all of the instructions and tutorials it will make tour life much easier.

aye tutorials are your friend... specially Raven's tutorials...  just wish he would make a lot more of them cause they are very well done... minus a few "oops im being stupid just ignore me doing that" moments....

And now to begin counting typos... 1... 2.... ok not bad... read and your....

Pages: 1 [2]