HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Resolved] following the dynamic character tutorial  (Read 6433 times)

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: following the dynamic character tutorial
« Reply #15 on: Nov 29, 11, 11:12:34 AM »

im having trouble getting dynamic characters working also,tried it various times and the furthest ive got is getting a character in but the mesh is invisble (i can only see a rig) and i cant change parts/textures.i get a error about no random point found.

one of the other issues im having is with the SRB,when i click to add it in maya nothing seems to happen.In the tutorial a red arrow appears but this isnt happening in mine.

Ivendar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 11, 02:37:50 AM »

Hey there,

we would appreciate any hints or infos anyone could give us about this. We've tested this for quite some time now but something seems wrong. So if anyone could spare a little bit time to help conceptcrash this would be nice. We've been ok at exporting static assets but this dynamic characters doesn't work somehow.

Maybe someone could take a look at our test assets and see if something is wrong ?

Cheers

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 11, 07:17:44 AM »

Help us with dynamic characters, is a little vague.

Are you following the dynamic character tutorial page? Are all of the steps being cometed correctly? What step in the tutorial is failing? Are you getting error messages in the console?

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 11, 11:12:26 AM »

Hey there,

we would appreciate any hints or infos anyone could give us about this. We've tested this for quite some time now but something seems wrong. So if anyone could spare a little bit time to help conceptcrash this would be nice. We've been ok at exporting static assets but this dynamic characters doesn't work somehow.

Maybe someone could take a look at our test assets and see if something is wrong ?

Cheers

Hero's Journey characters are dynamic, take it's directory structure and mimic it. Dissect the par file, dat file, dyc files, replace with your information. Combine that with the tutorial page Bennett listed. It is usually a naming thing or config file typo.

Ivendar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 11, 12:53:46 PM »

Hey there,

Cheers

Hero's Journey characters are dynamic, take it's directory structure and mimic it. Dissect the par file, dat file, dyc files, replace with your information. Combine that with the tutorial page Bennett listed. It is usually a naming thing or config file typo.
Will check those again and test to be sure. If we don't find a solution would someone be ok to test our asset ?

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 11, 12:53:57 PM »

im following the steps as closley as possible,the problems are the no random point error and that no srb red arrow appears as shown in the tutorial.like i said above the closest i got was getting a character into the engine but all i could see was the rig,the parts and textures wernt changable.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 11, 12:56:49 PM by conceptcrash »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 11, 01:16:50 PM »

Do you have any errors in the console window?

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 11, 01:32:31 PM »

the error i get is "no random point found".the characters rig is visible and can be possesed but there are no options for changing the textures when i try.I also double checked the add SRB in maya and when i try to do this it creates a indicator of some kind but not a red arrow as shown in all the tutorials.
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 11, 02:55:23 PM by conceptcrash »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 11, 10:09:18 AM »

So whenever reporting problems, the two things we will ALWAYS need to know are:

Program (Maya or Max) (What year) (32 or 64 bit)
Exact steps you are following. (click this, click that, then it does something unexpected!)

Without that info I can only hazard a guess, but have you selected the Bip01 joint when you click create SRB?

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 01, 11, 10:50:44 AM »

im using maya 2012 32bit,selecting bip01 when creating the SRB.
I have managed to get a visible character into the scene (without using skin tints just plain texture) but the character scale was tiny and i got a stream of "no random point found" errors.This test character was build to the the scale as a default character height in heroengine.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 11, 01:52:30 PM »

Interesting . . .  I'm not able to reproduce the problems you are seeing on my workstation.  If you would like, send an email to support@heroengine.com and include the relevant scenes files and we'll take a look at them.

Ivendar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 11, 01:37:13 AM »

Interesting . . .  I'm not able to reproduce the problems you are seeing on my workstation.  If you would like, send an email to support@heroengine.com and include the relevant scenes files and we'll take a look at them.
files send by conceptcrash. bit delay cause of his other problem but hope you can take a look at those.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 16, 11, 01:02:15 PM »

We've looked into the issue and replied via email.  The issue with creating the SRB was caused by an incorrect root bone name.

Specifically, the tool is case sensitive and the bone in question was named 'bip01' instead of 'Bip01'.

Make sure any models you are working with adhere to that requirement and let us know if it fixes your issue!
Pages: 1 [2]