HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Use of two Computers  (Read 949 times)

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Use of two Computers
« on: Jul 15, 14, 08:40:29 AM »

Hi I am new to this HeroCloud stuff.

I have just invested in one license to see what this tech can do.

However I have not found the answer to whether one can use HeroCloud on a laptop and a desktop with one account.

I ask this because I would like to switch between those two due to changing sitting  positions and that I might be on the run from time to other.

Sooo, can I install all this on my Laptop and Desktop with one user account(I will only use one machine at the time)?

Best,

Dwarf King

Edit: I think I found the answer in the holy legal text here:

"2.1 License to HeroCloud Services. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Idea Fabrik hereby grants to Developer a
limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable right to access and use the HeroCloud Services, solely for
purposes of developing the Games in accordance with this Agreement"

Which I interpretate as a go for it as long as I and only I use the two machines :)
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 14, 09:33:38 AM by Dwarf_King »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Use of two Computers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 14, 11:17:45 AM »

I don't know the legal view on it, but this has been my experience:

Any given account can only be logged in once at-a-time.  If you log in again with the same account, the currently logged in connection gets disconnected.  But you can install the Hero tools on as many pc's you like.

Also, you can run mulitple instance of the Hero clients on the same pc at the same time, only each client would need a different account to log in with.  I do that sometimes to test multi-player on a single pc.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

Dwarf_King

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 14, 11:22:32 AM »

Okay got it :)

Thanks  :)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 14, 11:53:26 AM »

That's how it works. The legal paragraph above is unrelated, and covers license to use the software to create a product.