HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] CLI commands not working properly  (Read 1767 times)

lileebeta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] CLI commands not working properly
« on: Oct 15, 11, 05:31:09 PM »

Hey there. I was using the CLI commands to delete certain nodes within my game. The nodes were those of the default GUI the comes with CleanGame. Well, of course when using the standard /DN <id> command deleted the nodes , they always came back after moving to another area.
This was expected , I mean with  /DN <id>(the foward slash prefix) is only a temporary client side interpreter. However, when I tryed to use either the | (pie prefix ) and or the \( backslash prefix) I kept getting an error stating that the nodes were not found. That being the case, I couldn't make the permanet changes to my GUI that I had intended.   :(

Also when even temporarily deleting the nodes from the default Clean Game GUI, I noticed that certain parents and children were un-identifiable and therefore impossible to remove. I used CNTRL-T which allows the developer to identify every node in real time,but for some odd reason, a few of the children on the default clean game GUI don't show up with an ID, and therefore seem unable to be removed.
Does anyone else have this issue? If so , How did yah fix it?
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 12, 10:46:55 AM by HE-Cooper »

DrainStudios

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: CLI commands not working properly
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 11, 05:59:43 AM »

Same problem with "AREADEL <area name>"

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 11, 08:52:51 AM »

There are aspects of core  GUI and system areas we prevent you outright deleting, since in the first month the cloud went up, half of the developers just started deleting everything because "they wanted a clean slate". This of course prevented them from being able to work in the tool since they did t know how to code new systems to allow them to interact with the editor.

We also keep core files in place in order to ensure that we can push updates and major publishes onto your world. I don't know much more details than that, but that could be the problem some of you are seeing.

TGSRofar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 11, 10:21:51 AM »

Khalil,

If you do not want any of the clean engine GUI to be shown, you need to find the place in the scripts that these nodes are being created and modify scripts to not create these GUI's.  Deleting the nodes like you are doing will certainly destroy the ones that exist but they will be created again in the scripts that create them to begin with.  You can't permanently destroy them because they are not persistent nodes to begin with.

When you find the scripts that create them, you can either override those classes with your own and either create GUI nodes with your game specific GUI or just don't create them at all in your versions of the classes.
Ron Farrell
Lead Programmer
Triad Game Studios

lileebeta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 11, 11:33:18 AM »

Okay, ;) that makes sense .
Thank you.