HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] In game UI questions  (Read 2124 times)

DWS_Josh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Dark Wing Studios
[Resolved] In game UI questions
« on: Nov 01, 11, 12:02:05 PM »

Okay, so I am not sure if this is a scripting question or an art question, but I believe it is for art.

I want to start working on the actual UI of my game so I opened up the GUI script that seems to be associated with the player UI, found the file which it uses, opened that file up in photoshop and noticed that it is all layed out very specifically. It's layed out like a UV Unwrap in Max is, which leads me to believe there is some sort of template to be used in order to get each piece of the UI to line up where it is suppose to and I would imagine I would be able to access/edit/export this template so that I can make my own.

My question is this, is there a template? And if so how do I find it? If there isn't how do you set up the DDS file so that HeroEngine will recognize what piece of the file is suppose to go where?
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 02:48:50 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: In game UI questions
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 11, 12:06:26 PM »

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
Re: In game UI questions
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 11, 12:37:52 PM »

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/GUI9Slice

Also this.  If you are seeing some oddly sliced up texture it is probably using that.  Makes it rather easy to cram a lot of elements into a very small texture file (or even more elements in a slightly larger texture file).
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation