HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] NPC Imported; Shows up for world owner, but not other devs [resolved]  (Read 2383 times)

shawnPaul

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

I created a npc, and a set of animation. We've uploaded it and got it in game, and the world owner can see it moving around and working correctly. I can't see the character at all, and I'm the one who originally created all the files. We've tried deleting the repository cache, reinstalling blade, repository browser, and the art pipeline. Anyone have a similar issue or an idea as to what's going on? Have also checked my filters. It's not all npc's either, just the one that was imported. note also another developer logged in and he can't see the imported npc either, yet the world owner can.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 03:12:01 PM by HE-Cooper »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest

There might be a difference in what instance you are: Are you in a Play instance, and they are in the EDIT instance? Or vise versa?

RicoTheMad

• General Accounts
  • Project Lead/Software Developer
    • View Profile

We were both in the same instance, an edit instance even.

I was literally in front of him. He could see me, me him. He could even see the chat logs of when the custom NPC attacked me, and me getting attacked by invisible things according to him. On my end, I could see the NPC just fine.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

Off the top of my head, sounds like you've pathed the textures in a way that point to something only on your machine. Though I can't actually think how you'd do that.

Or if you've been editing the controllers, it's possible that you've changed awareness or replication settings?

RicoTheMad

• General Accounts
  • Project Lead/Software Developer
    • View Profile

As far as I know, the only things he did to create the new NPC :

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Automating_Character_Creation_with_Character_Tools

I then created/modified the .aas/.dat files for the animations we wanted to test (this is our first test character we're trying to import).

I thought it might have been a replication problem as well, but we literally didn't touch anything on the DOM/script level for this, not to mention the other npcs are working fine. It was purely done using that tutorial and editing files in notepad (for the anim scripts) and uploading them to the repository.

What puzzles me is that it works for me but not for them. I can see them clear as day, they can't.
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 12, 10:43:25 AM by RicoTheMad »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

Did you modify the animation files and not upload them? Again, no clue how that would happen. What does the console panel say in their worlds when they are looking at them?

So the creator can't see them, but someone else can? If there's no errors in the console panel then I'll go check it out.

shawnPaul

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

The issue has been resolved. The .aas file was requesting a test file that the owner had created/deleted. We removed the line in the .aas file that requested the deleted file and the error was gone. Thanks for your help and pointing us in the right directions, we were looking in the wrong place.