HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SnowCloud Entertainment - Recruitment [payment / income sharing]  (Read 6245 times)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest

About the Project:
To not make this topic too long, I have already posted some information on these forums about Pirates' Nest: http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1109.0.html

Who are you asking to help you now?
I will update this thread at least once a month with a new post describing the positions. Please have a look at the latest post in this topic.

Payments:
There are two options available with regards to payments:
1. Revenue share plan
This is for the people who have the trust in themselves that they can finalize an MORPG Project in Hero Engine. We are people with an endless drive and willpower; we hope you are too.
2. Payment
Hourly wages, negotiable.

Contact Details

Communication
Interviews are held in English, German or Dutch by means of a conference call through Skype
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 13, 08:07:09 AM by PN-Dwight »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: [MMO] Pirates' Nest - Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 11, 06:02:20 AM »

--Reserved for updates--

~22 - 11 - 2011
- First 6 applications received on the position of web-developer (why no other positions?). Currently interviewing Davide and Ben for the position(s) of web-developer.

24-11-2011
- 2 out of the 6 applications made it through the selection round, and have been interviewed. Their background and experience strengthen the team greatly. Without people like these 2, you cannot create a game with an engine this complex. Their skills are Web, Level and Quest design, and Computer System Security together with a vast knowledge of HSL and HeroEngine.
- Still waiting for Davide and Dion to be interviewed. (Date has to be set)

edit: Davide has joined the team

25-11-2011
- Interview with Dion is soon due.
Team size: 4
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 11, 12:31:20 AM by dwight.gijzen »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 11, 12:44:59 AM »

Updated Updates post and Main post with the addition of 2 new team members!

Again, I wish to welcome Bensch and DevNull to the team!

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 11, 12:28:57 AM »

Updated main post (again) : When it rains, it pours..

24 - 11 - 2011  : Davide has joined the team as a web developer and economist

25 - 11 - 2011  : The.. interrogation of Dion has started!
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 11, 12:30:37 AM by dwight.gijzen »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: SnowCloud Entertainment - Recruitment
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 12, 11:33:32 AM »

Update:

Dion is starting next week as a web-designer (Logo's, buttons, ...).

We are actively looking for:
 - > 5 HSL Coders
 - > 1 2D Graphical Web Artist
 - > 1 Web-coder (fluent in: php, mysql, html, javascript, css)
 - > 4 3D Graphics Artists (Static models, no texturing of course)

Kudendar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 12, 04:42:51 PM »

This sounds good, no great, on paper I hope you get the mechanics worked out, If you have some type of blog that you post the "good, bad, and the ugly" on the progress of this game, I'm very interested how your mechanics work out!
I have similar Ideas for a fantasy based RPG, but the code will always work the same no matter the time setting.

Good Luck, and keep head up high!

Thanks,
Justin

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 12, 06:49:38 AM »

Currently recruiting a number of World Builders.

The assets are in place and can be requested from the modelling unit on demand. Your job is to create the heightmaps for each and every island, as well as texturing the terrain appropriately. You will also create the seamless links between the islands (seas mainly), as well as underground caves.

Experience is a must. You are over 20 years old. You can present examples of your work.

Tawaxyon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 12, 08:33:37 AM »

I am a very experienced World Builder, been making games with many different engines (Non profit, just for experience and fun) and right now I've been playing around with HeroEngine for a couple of weeks, and I'm getting really used to it. So If you need any more Builders I'd be happy to join the team if you accept my application.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 12, 08:45:09 AM »

Add me on Skype, and there will be an interview in a couple of hours for you (or whenever it suits you best). Please have a short CV ready together with examples of your work; microphone is needed, webcam is optional.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest

As an update:

I am currently learning HSL, although my priorities are in modelling (I do have a C++ background). If there are scripters out there lurking these forums, it is now the time to reply to this thread!

As an addition: We are also searching for a scripter that can work on the environmental settings, which are highly complex. This is a PAID job. Depending on the wage (negotiable), you will or will not receive a file with data about the northern hemisphere's weather (Temperature, daytime, nighttime, sunset/sunrise, rain amount and intensity, cloud intensity, snow, wind-speed, blizzards and snowstorms).

Sent me a PM with your Skype details, and experience with other teams here on the HE forums.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: SnowCloud Entertainment - Recruitment [payment / income sharing]
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 12, 01:05:31 AM »

Another 3D modelling position has been filled! One of his personal contacts is a professional artist, and has shown interest in this project.

In addition, we are still looking for HSL programmers, who can stand an interview not for the faint-hearted :)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 12, 04:36:31 AM »

Senior 2D Artist (GUI/UI) position has been filled.

You can view some GUI updates on our website (more to be released!) : http://www.sc-entertainment.com

In addition, we are still busy with the hardest quest so far: HSL Scripters (Experience with windows programming is a pre).

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 12, 03:33:22 AM »

Team-update:

The following people have joined the team, and our hardest quest so far has been fulfilled:

Brian Savignano : Primary: 3D Assets; Secondary: HSL Programming
Daniel Dickerson : HSL Programmer / Scripter
Ivan Lopez : 3D Modelling
Geoff Wolfraim : Primary: Characters, animals and creature modeller; Secondary: Story Development

Please have a look at our team-page on the website where you can find a short biography of everyone!

Currently, there is two people who still need to be interviewed (Concept Artist and HSL Programmer/Scripter); I expect these interviews to take place in the next 3 weeks.

Lastly, there is still a large number of positions available for you to apply to:
  • HSL Programmer(s)
  • Character Modeller(s)
  • Static Assets Modeller(s)
  • Texture Artist(s)
  • Environmental Artist(s) (I believe you call them "World Builders" here, but Env. Artists do more than just that!)
  • Animator(s) (humanoids, sea/land animals, mythological creatures)
  • Concept Artist(s)
  • GUI Designer(s)

If you have an interest and heart for Pirates and Marines fighting big battles on land, sea and in the air, discovering new islands in unsuspecting places, and translating and solving riddles to gain new abilities, do NOT hesitate any longer to contact me on Skype (d.gijzen), or send me a PM here on the forums (you will be required to get Skype, a microphone, and optionally a webcam).

Awaiting your response, I remain,

Dwight

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 12, 03:17:33 AM »

Update for this month so far:

The following person has strenghtened the team with his cross-functionality and coding abilities:

Avelino Martins - HSL Programming / Web-Development

As always, the biographies can be found on the team-page of our website : http://sc-entertainment.com/?page_id=248

We are actively looking for common and uncommon people with the uncommon desire to create an MMORPG that is based on Good versus Evil. Specifically:

• GUI Designer(s)
  • Concept Artist(s)
  • HSL Programmer(s)
  • Character Modeller(s)
  • Texture Artist(s)
  • Environmental Artist(s)
  • Sound Engineer

Our quest of this month is to find ourselves a very uncommon and crazy GUI Designer, as well as additional non-faint-hearted programmers! Do you have what it takes to create wicked graphics for the UI for both Pirates (Skulls!) and Marines together with our artists? Or do you, as a potential programmer, have experience in creating difficult and perhaps outraguous ideas?

Contact me on Skype (d.gijzen) and let's see how strong your heart is!
« Last Edit: May 08, 12, 01:55:35 AM by PN-Dwight »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 12, 01:39:54 AM »

Although I promised not to post a lot of things, a lot of things are happening to our team that deserve to have an update;

[Staff]
Today, we welcome

Drs. Jerhemy Waldon - HSL and Web-Development

to our coding unit! His objective for this month will be to complete the implementation of  the environmental and weather settings. He dared to make it even more realistic, without having a significant impact on performance! To view his full profile, please visit our website under the header "Team".

• GUI Designer(s)
  • Concept Artist(s)
  • HSL Programmer(s)
  • Character Modeller(s)
  • Texture Artist(s)
  • Environmental Artist(s)
  • Sound Engineer

Two more people have applied for positions in SnowCloud Entertainment; expecting the interviews to be held before the end of the week. As always, don't feel restricted by anything to apply for a position in SC!

Our quest continues this month for additional 2D/GUI Designers, non-organic modellers, sound engineers (environmental effects for this month) and at least an environmental artist! There is a lot of work to be done! If you feel comfortable and have experience in either of these fields and wish to help us out, have no doubt and contact me on Skype :)
Pages: [1] 2