HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Solved] Cant access world ( sleeping-waking up status)  (Read 4068 times)

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Having trouble logging in to world it seems to be going for sleeping-waking up in a loop,not allowing access.Problem started last night ( EU WEST 3 SERVER),Repo browser has the same issue.
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 12, 12:31:41 PM by HE-Cooper »

shadowfire

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Cant access world ( sleeping-waking up status)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:02:35 PM »

we resolved this issue... first of all... DONT UNINSTALL! somebody around here likes recommending this as a first step...

Anyways unless this is a totally new scenario it is an error in the display system.  Hit awaken world and it should say scheduled for awakening or whatever... wait longer than 48 seconds and hit login again and it will refresh the server list and SHOULD show the server as UP.

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:11:13 PM »

it still hasnt worked,tried that a lot of times.managed to get it as far as saying spinning up or something once or twice but still havent got into the server.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:18:59 PM »

and pressing login again doesn't just refresh the UI? There is a UI bug some devs are experiencing, relating to connectivity, where pressing the "Awaken World" button doesn't refresh the launcher UI and so you need to press Login again in order to see the refreshed UI and your world status as UP. I'll check on your world in a minute.

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:23:58 PM »

pressing awaken world refreshs but pressing login after 45 seconds just goes in loop,sometimes it reaches waking up (after hitting login a lot) and sumtimes it just goes back to sleeping.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:32:41 PM »

Well, I'll be. I apologize for not investigating it sooner. Your world is definitely not waking up. Hold Please.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:48:47 PM »

You should be fixed now. An amazing sequence of events having to do with the age of that world (one of the first 50), wired to run on a specific piece of hardware, and that specific piece of hardware exploding in the cluster caused your world to think it could load on a new piece of hardware, but then refusing to do so.

That is now fixed, and will never happen again. :-)

conceptcrash

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 11, 04:54:15 PM »

checked it and its working fine,thanks.

Agnostic

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 11, 11:48:06 AM »

I have the same problem, i can't login to my world (Tikal Online), when i click on Awaken World nothing happens, i have a week or more trying.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 11, 12:01:12 PM »

I see your world listed as UP and not asleep right now. Are you sure you aren't just seeing the UI not refreshing?

oldngrey

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 12, 02:35:54 AM »

and pressing login again doesn't just refresh the UI? There is a UI bug some devs are experiencing, relating to connectivity, where pressing the "Awaken World" button doesn't refresh the launcher UI and so you need to press Login again in order to see the refreshed UI and your world status as UP. I'll check on your world in a minute.

The Logon window ignores the "Remember Me" button but that's just a minor annoyance I can live with, I think. Unless it's fixable....... but on to my real question.......

When awakening my world, the window shows my world as "SLEEPING" and it never refreshes. At my first logon I waited for 24 hours for it to tell me the world was UP. I now know that it went back to sleep after the 30 minute inactivity timeout.

During this awakening process the Logon window remains frozen except for the "Cancel" button. Now to me that button is like saying 'never mind, I won't go ahead right now', so I wouldn't press it!

In the quote above it seems some devs have problems similar to this. But I have to say I spent quite a while wondering why I couldn't start my new world.

Any advice on this? Either the window is wrong or I am bugged. Point me in the right direction please.

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 12, 04:25:29 AM »

The Logon window ignores the "Remember Me" button but that's just a minor annoyance I can live with, I think. Unless it's fixable....... but on to my real question.......

When awakening my world, the window shows my world as "SLEEPING" and it never refreshes. At my first logon I waited for 24 hours for it to tell me the world was UP. I now know that it went back to sleep after the 30 minute inactivity timeout.

During this awakening process the Logon window remains frozen except for the "Cancel" button. Now to me that button is like saying 'never mind, I won't go ahead right now', so I wouldn't press it!

In the quote above it seems some devs have problems similar to this. But I have to say I spent quite a while wondering why I couldn't start my new world.

Any advice on this? Either the window is wrong or I am bugged. Point me in the right direction please.

Same Issue I have been having for quite some time..
If you click "Awaken" wait about 30-45 secs then click "cancel". Then login again. The UI will refresh and you can get into your world.

sdbaynham

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 12, 02:37:04 PM »

I've found that I don't even have to wait at all- I click awaken, close heroblade, and restart it and everything is fine.  Weird behavior.

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 12, 03:02:36 PM »

Then, you have a problem with your local rights and Windows UAC.

For security, the information is stored in the registry.

If it's not saving, that's a problem.  And, the local rights / UAC issue could cause other issues as well

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

Dothackking

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 12, 03:13:14 PM »

Then, you have a problem with your local rights and Windows UAC.

For security, the information is stored in the registry.

If it's not saving, that's a problem.  And, the local rights / UAC issue could cause other issues as well

Cheers

I have that same problem.  my UAC is turned off :(   It's a very minor annoyance as they say, but it's still there.
Pages: [1] 2