HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Setting up our Art Pipeline Please Assist  (Read 1363 times)

RavenVerakie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Setting up our Art Pipeline Please Assist
« on: Nov 11, 11, 09:57:45 AM »

Hello I was wondering if i could get a little help i have watched the videos or atleast the ones i have found (maybe I Missed Something) Ok so i Have Developers in Different Cities and we decided that the best way to go was a nas located in my "BatCave" i got with the developers and we came up with a dir structure and created the folders(a lot of them) on the network attached storage then we downloaded the Heroenginepipeline file from the donloads section in my acct thats where i get scared to proceed i did watch the video about the pipeline and dont know where excactly to put it i am assuming in the NAS art server but where excactly ?

also i understand that the server on my NAS has to match the server on the Browser server .... i have not edited the Repo Browser yet could someone provide a little insight on this all we have done is create a very eloborate folder structure on the NAS to promote some good organization  and there are alot of folders do i need to manually create the same sturcture on the Repo Server Or is there a better ? Easier way to do this since the structure is set up in our art server?

thank you to any one who can help with this
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 03:53:03 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Setting up our Art Pipeline Please Assist
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 11, 10:53:48 AM »

Just follow the art pipeline setup for max or maya, depending on which program you are using. I think you're confusing the art pipeline (which is a set of files for setting up max or maya) and the art depot, which is where you will export files made in max or maya to. Then you will copy all the files from your art depot into the repository browser.

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 11, 01:47:19 PM »

Simply put you can place the HeroEngineArtPipeline folder anywhere you like in your Art Depot that you are hosting on a NAS (in your batcave).

It is not required that the HeroEngineArtPipeline folder be kept there, it can also be stored on each individual's computer, however a central location makes upgrading simple and keeps all your artists using the same version of the pipeline.

A good example would be something like /HE/Tools/HeroEngineArtPipeline.

As mentioned in the Art Depot video: http://youtu.be/NvWdw2PxEfk  , the easy way to get the correct directory structure on the Art Depot is to copy it directly from the repository server, using the repository browser.  More info on where specific assets need to be exported can be found on the relevant wiki pages.

RavenVerakie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 11, 09:55:21 PM »

Hey ty for the response i now understand that the artpipeline is sepperate from the depo so that issue is resolved but im still wondering on the Repo Structure... i have set up our structure on the local NAS is there a way to merge thme or upload the structure i have on the local to the Repo server or do i have to dl the one off the Repo and then rebuild the dir structure into what i downloaded from the repo server

RavenVerakie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 11, 11:17:25 PM »

ok so I have the NAS set up in the Repo server window it is mapped and the dir structure is visible in the window i set the settings options and then tried to synchronize and i get this error "unable to locate the internal request corresponding to a directory to synchronize" anyone know how to fix this

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 11, 10:11:18 AM »

If I understand correctly what you mean, 'Synchronise' is not what you want.  I believe that assumes an identical folder structure already is already in place.

To get your structure set up properly, you MUST first copy the structure of the Repository Server onto the Art Depot (Inside the Repository Browser, drag and drop the folders within the Repository Server's HE folder into the Art Depot's HE folder)

If the custom structure you set up duplicates the use of any of the default folders you MUST use the folder that was copied from the Repository Server, for example HE/Character/ MUST be used for any characters.

Then, you may add any new, unique folders you have created on you Art Depot to the Repository Server (Again by dragging and dropping the folders inside the Repository Browser).

After all that is done, changes to the Depot can be uploaded to the Repository Server, either by dragging and dropping or by using the 'Synchronise' feature. 

NOTE:  Synchronise cannot be used to take changes FROM the Repository and copy them TO the Art Depot.

RavenVerakie

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 11, 10:42:22 PM »

I see Thank you that is what we needed to know we did copy the folders by dropping them in to the art depot we just didnt know if we could drop the folders into the repo from the art depot