HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Camera Problem and Rotate Character  (Read 1967 times)

nofxpunkerbrian@hotmail.com

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Camera Problem and Rotate Character
« on: Nov 06, 10, 09:59:22 AM »

I have checked the wiki I have either mis-read or mis-understood but I am wondering how to make it stop rotating the character with the camera?

Also how can I freeze the camera to spawn in just 1 location, pointing in 1 direction and unable to rotate on just 1 map for example (login screen, character selection)?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 12, 10:19:18 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-CHRISTOPHER

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Camera Problem
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 10, 09:52:28 AM »

The behavior of rotating the character is part of the character controller which you can stop by issuing a behave command instructing the character to use "heading none".  However, that is not the way I would recommend doing this.  Instead I would recommend creating a different camera and activating it instead.

http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Camera
Christopher Larsen
CTO
HeroEngine

nofxpunkerbrian@hotmail.com

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 10, 11:08:17 AM »

Where exactly would I write to activate the camera? which script? or do I create one myself? I thought about creating a new camera and I have followed everything and I know how to do this but again I do not know where and how to activate this.

I am very new to the engine and just getting my bearings with it, Apologies if my questions seem inexperienced, its very different compared to most engines I have used and one thing I have noticed is how much this engine bottle feeds you in a situation (good thing) that I would have never expected in most engines since most the time you have to build the whole thing, so I am overlooking a lot of ways to do things.

HE-CHRISTOPHER

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 10, 03:10:16 PM »

There are a number of events that could be used to activate an alternate camera in character selection, but the ones most likely to be appropriate are on the client:
  • a game specific override for the $CHARACTERSELECTIONSYSTEM system node to extend the call that invokes the CSS GUI HE_CSSInvokeGUI()
  • a game specific override for $BASECLIENT at HE_Area_Load() and checking for the selection area (area_id 1)
Christopher Larsen
CTO
HeroEngine