HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Core Crystals  (Read 1859 times)

Cyrius

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Core Crystals
« on: Nov 17, 11, 10:50:25 AM »

Hi all,

The project leader!

My name is Dominic, I'm the leader of the Core Crystal War team. I'm from Province of Quebec in Canada, one of the fast growing game development capital! I have a degree in business administration and a passion for software/game development. I did a lot of 3d modeling for smaller projects.

The game!

Short story :

Type : MMORPG
Style : steampunk
Zoning : Area based with taxi
Leveling type : no real levels, we talk about ranks. Everything you do earns you points, you can buy cool gear, skills (active and passive) or turn it into money. Your skills are distributed in a web like tree where some are more expensive but more powerful. (more details in an other post)
Gearing : loot drop, vendor (points), crafting
Crafting: classic craft with base meterials turned into stuff, but no world spread gathering. You can hire NPCs in cities to get mats for you (more expensive and wait time) or you go directly to the production center of the mat you want (somewhere in the world) and buy directly from there, it's cheaper and you get the mats instantly.
Conflicts : PvP (instanced) and PvE. PvP is the main war of the story where you want to control zones that gives your faction bonuses, PvE supports the maintenance of the zones, shorten the timer on ennemy zones and boost the NPCs guarding your zones. There is also a real story to follow on pve play.

How is it a distinctive game?

The main story is about a war between 2 factions, one more industrious, the other more magic. But inside the factions, there is Houses. The player chooses one faction at the beginning, than he must choose a House. You fight the other faction for the main war, but you can also fight your own faction (House vs House) to be recognized as the Mother-House. This title gives your House an Extra bonus in addition to bring a bonus related to your House dedication for all your faction.

Example : Maneron faction (industrious), House 1 = militarist = if the House 1 is the Mother-House, all Manerons profits from a 3% damage bonus and all House 1 members have a 2% damage bonus scalable with the first one.

This is an exemple, the bonuses are not decided yet.

The skill system and points system are a bit like GW's pvp, but we bring the mix with web skill tree that is very fun and full of possibilities.

Also, the classes. We'll have classes, but the skill trees will give the player alot of free room for mixing. You will be able to create a Tank with support skills, or a DPS with healing capabilities, etc, etc.

The speed stat is also an innovation. You can boost your speed with skills (passive and active) but your armor will work against you. So a marauder like character with medium armor will be first on objectives compared to a heavily armored tank, but easier to kill. This should bring another dimension to fight strategy, you want fast cap points as a scout or be an unstoppable bull as a heavy bully? Teams will want to take advantage of  heavier and lighter characters.

Everything is still on the table and can change quite a lot, but I think the design is in pretty good way!

Thanks for reading!

I'll post many more details about the game, so keep in touch and if you want to join the team, just PM me!!!

PS : sorry for grammar, english is not my first language.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 12, 09:34:54 AM by Cyrius »

Cyrius

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Core Crystals
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 11, 10:55:57 AM »

Hey all,

Core Crystal War online is going well. !

I wanted to show the HE community our new logo, it still may change, but we are very satisfied of it right now.

« Last Edit: Jun 08, 12, 09:35:37 AM by Cyrius »

Cyrius

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Core Crystals
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 12, 09:40:21 AM »

Hi folks!,

As my team lost some pretty talentful members (they will not have time for side line projects in the next months), we took the time for rethink everything on the game.

We are back on track and the production has resumed! I did modify the first post to rewrite the game description in regards to the new line-of-conduct.

I hope you guys likes it!

Cyrius