HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Name of game ... need help  (Read 1334 times)

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
Name of game ... need help
« on: Nov 28, 11, 01:12:20 PM »

Ok we were calling our upcoming MMO Shattered Universe but realized that there was a Star Trek game called Shattered Universe so we might need to change the name?
Other Ideas were:
Shattered Space
The Verum Wars
Forsaken Space

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Name of game ... need help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 11, 01:19:47 PM »

The Verum Wars at least has a little more originality to it.  If you do want to encompass a more Universe or Space theme, could stick with Forsaken Space or Forsaken Universe.

Maybe even one word, stick with just Verum.  That way your expansions could be Verum: Forsaken Universe.  Verum: Shattered Lands....etc.

Tarlytegirl

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 11, 01:39:19 PM »

Ok we were calling our upcoming MMO Shattered Universe but realized that there was a Star Trek game called Shattered Universe so we might need to change the name?
Other Ideas were:
Shattered Space
The Verum Wars
Forsaken Space

SIFI game? Im good at names. Let us know a bit more about the game and we should be able to help you out better.

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 11, 01:55:45 PM »

Sorry I should have given more info about the game.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It's going to be a Sci Fi game based in the future about 200 years.

Here's the base Overview:
Setting
The Psionic War has taken its toll, Earth has begun to change for the worst.  Many species of animals and plant life have changed to suit the hostile new world thrust upon them.  What is left of humanity has nearly lost hope.  A system wide call to arms has been given but, many fear it is already to late.  Rumors are circulating that our only chance of survival is to leave our home-world.  It is a time of despair, but their are some who have not been changed.  These hardy folk (Earth NPCs) have decided to take on the hazards of this new harsh and alien world.  They still call themselves Terrans and have found "new" hope in the "old" bio-domes.  Built centuries ago to help regenerate our planet of pollution and return life to dead regions, the "Domes" have gained a new calling.  They have become our last stand against the plot that so cleverly reduced our species to its current condition and a new home from which to re-claim our dying planet.
Mars Station Narratives
Earth, It's been a long time since any of us have even seen her. That is, as more than a bright blue light in our reddish sky.  It will be good to get back, to see her up close.  Although many say she may not survive, that shes to far gone to be saved.  We must try, because this time its not just some gas giant or moon this time it's our Home-world.  And even if the rumors are true, we must not loose hope.  I choose to go back!
Fresh green, ripe for the taking, Yeah!!!  I've spent way to much time busting my gut around the red dust of this worthless planet.  Had to many close calls, to many dead ends, I've had it.  I see Earth and this military offer as a new frontier of sorts.  Well, in a new yet old kinda way.  But, the opportunities for trade, for a chance to buy my own shop even if it is irradiated, thats what I'm talking about, opportunities.  No ones gonna hold me back, not rumors, not Forsaken, not Pirates, nothing.  I'm going!
Rumors, rumors, rumors, thats all I can think about, thats all I hear about.  I have to be more calculated, its an excellent opportunity, but, what if the rumors are true.  What if Earth really is doomed and there is no chance that we can help.  What if its a trick and the military isn't really the military but setting humanity up for our final fall into oblivion.  I can't go, better to wait around on Mars and see what happens than meet my own destruction on Earth.  I don't care if it means tolerating this red planet and the dust, I'm Staying!
They need me.  I don't have the luxury of staying, of attempting to preserve my own life, when so many others are at risk or dying.  I must go, even if it means leaving everything behind.  I took an oath, I must uphold that.  If we are going to have any hope of surviving as a species we must think of more than ourselves, we must think of the greater good.  I'm going and I will make the difference!
Bottom-line, stuffs broke and I'm the guy who fixes it.  Especially at what their offering, heck, at those prices I'll fix anything.  You know, it may not seem as noble as say the Doc over there fixing people, but, its every bit as essential.  Just what do you think all those fixed up people are gonna do once their fixed, walk?  No, their gonna wanna drive in nice little self contained and armored vehicles or fly to avoid the disaster area I've heard our ol' Earth has turned into.  But, at the same time I'm mainly doing it for the money.  That's right, Mars hasn't proved to be the gold mine everyone claimed it would be.  So, the military better make sure the money keeps coming or I might start "breaking" stuff.  And that don't make anyone happy.

Background
The Earths surface is nearly wiped clean of all life
Earth has been broken, literally, a giant rift can be seen clear down to what many consider to be Earths core
The planet, devastated by meteors and war is in a state of chaos
Most areas of the planet are uninhabitable due to extreme levels of radiation
Rumors are becoming more widespread that Earth must be deserted in order for us to survive
The last surviving members of humanity have holed up in the many bio-domes jotting the scarred landscape
All major cities and fortresses have been reduced to radioactive rubble
The Forsaken cities are still populated by the forsaken "mindless horde"
Not much is known of the Forsaken Hierarchy most assume they are destroyed
All governments or semblance of order is gone
What is left of the military has attempted to grab control and has issued a distress call, promising excellent compensation for help in containing and eliminating any existing threats
Resources are low to non-existent and the people are growing desperate
The Robots that had performed all the menial tasks for the cities after the "Alien Wars" have now taken on there own identities (seeming to have gained sentience) and created there own cities, The have joined with a group of radical mechanical augmenters and together have become the "Cytechs"
Many officials and persons of great privilege have abandoned Earth, fleeing to the many Space Stations and Colonies leaving the government and society to crumble in their wake, the populations are aware of this and many politicians who have fled now have a price on their heads
The Psionic War has ushered in new forms of weapons and weapons research but projectile systems are still the most widely used

There are 2 main factions:
The Terran Alliance : Military / Corporate
The Verum "truth" : Rebels

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 11, 02:01:08 PM by runningbird »

Bear

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 11, 01:56:49 PM »

(Marketing angle)

While you can call it whatever you want during development (Codename: Bacon!) be sure to pick a name that's at least reasonably unique for launch.   Forsaken Space might not be a good one because there's already a Forsaken World, for example.

The Verum Wars is a pretty good one because it's both reasonably unique.  Try googling The Verum Wars, with or without quotes; if a game popped up with this exact title, a little promotion would put it near the top of the results for a search for 'Verum Wars' in a few months.

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 11, 02:36:40 PM »

Thanks Bear and everyone....

I think for now we'll codename it "Verum Wars" until further notice.

If we go with it Bear I'll add you in the credits :)

All other ideas are welcome as well