HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Using _GUIIcon for dragable icons  (Read 3076 times)

davidr99

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Using _GUIIcon for dragable icons
« on: Dec 04, 11, 04:48:37 PM »

I was having some issues with using the _GUIIcon for dragable icons.  I was wondering if anyone had any small scripts created.  My Icon is dragable but only with in its own window.  I wanted to be able to move it out of the window.  Also once I drop it on the _GUIIconContainer when I try to move it again it moves the container also.  I was wondering if anyone had any more info that what is on the wiki.

Thanks,

David
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 12, 09:04:05 PM by HE-Cooper »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
Re: Using _GUIIcon for dragable icons
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 11, 07:50:04 PM »

Have you looked over the code they use for the FX editor?  That uses icon drag-n-drop from one window to another for adding components to the FX, so it might give an idea how to make it work.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

davidr99

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 11, 08:33:01 AM »

Thanks for the fast reply!  I was looking at that code, but it does not seam to use the base _GUIIcon and _GUIIconContainer.  I want to use this more for Inventory and skills.  I was just wondering if anyone had any small examples.

Thanks,

David

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 11, 08:43:22 AM »

I think the functionality you are looking for is in Hero's Journey ... you might get some hints from there.

davidr99

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 11, 11:18:47 PM »

I did get the Icons working, but it seams that when I drag the icon I am actualy chaning the layer.  My chat window moves around.  How do you stop this?

Thanks,

David

HE-ALEX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 11, 04:29:50 PM »

If a GUIMovePanel is moving a GUI Layer the owner field of the Move Panel may be set incorrectly. If you want a Move Panel to move only itself and it's children the owner field should be "0". If the owner field is set to "1" it will move it's parent control and all children.

For more information on how the owner field effects Move Panels see the following wiki page: http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/GUI_Controls#GUIMovePanel