HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Batch Exporting Animations  (Read 887 times)

peachpuff

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Batch Exporting Animations
« on: Dec 09, 11, 01:49:38 PM »

Hello All,

I have about 350 .fbx animations, can I use the "Batch Export Maya Files" to quickly export all the files to .gr2?

I tried and I got this  "// Error: Error reading file."  (Using Maya 2012)

I'm going off of this wiki page assuming I could batch export like that but something is telling me that is a negative captain.  ;)

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Hero_Export
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 01:19:07 PM by HE-Cooper »

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
Re: Batch Exporting Animations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 11, 01:59:35 PM »

Yeah, not exactly no.  First of all, the files have to be saved out as maya files, not .fbx, for the batch export to work.

Also, it is worth pointing out that we are no longer using the .gr2 extension, just to minimize confusion for other forum users.

Erik

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 11, 02:43:33 PM »

So is there a more solid reference on Dynamic Character implementation than this? Peachpuff here, has been sifting through document after document trying to figure differentiate between methods for static and dynamic exporting, and procedures for each.. obviously some have been able to piece it together, but tbh, the documentation we've found thus far seems fragmented and even sometimes misleading.. (hence the above)

peachpuff

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 11, 02:44:13 PM »

Oh ok my thoughts were correct then  :D  Thanks.

By the .gr2 do you mean the Animation (VDA)? (that is what I have been using when converting/exporting animations files)   If that is not used what file should I convert to in order to get the animations in game?

HE-BENNETT

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 11, 02:57:54 PM »

The old version of the art pipeline would export files to the .gr2 format.  Now all files are currently exported to a format called .hgm.  If you're still creating .gr2 files, you need to update to the latest version of the art pipeline:

http://wiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Current_Exporter_Package

All files, including meshes, animations, etc are exported to the '.hgm' format.  The 'VDA' option is the correct option for animations, yes.