HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Wyvernfist Studios Recruiting for Online Slasher  (Read 3724 times)

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
Wyvernfist Studios Recruiting for Online Slasher
« on: Dec 10, 11, 09:26:20 PM »

Tell me more about your game!
This project is an online FPS-style game - but with medieval sword-fighting! Characters will develop and keep equipment between matches, but there is no persistent world. Team members that contribute high quality work to this project will be invited to stay on the team for the next project - a medieval/fantasy MMORPG.

We are currently recruiting for the following positions:

2 HSL (HeroScript Language) Programmers - Experienced programmers with knowledge of HSL, or willingness to learn. These two will work as a team to perform each other's code review, and determine if more programmers are needed.
2D Graphic Artist - This position will have focus on web images (logos, decals, 2D graphics).
3D Artist & Level Designer - Experienced with 3DS Max or Maya (REQUIRED). Able to create detailed, high poly models but also work with low poly counts. Familiar with historical/medieval and fantasy/medieval genres.

Is this a paid position?
No. The goal of Wyvernfist Studios is to create a fun, free-to-play online First Person Combat Game.

If I'm not paid, what do I get out of joining?
Our game's success will generate a great reference for those looking to further their game development career. Many game studios seek to hire employees with proven experience - let Wyvernfist Studios be your proving ground!

Are there requirements to join?
-Age of 18 or older (You must be able to legally sign an NDA)
-Fluent in English
-Related experience, even if not in the game industry
-Able to commit an average of 10 hours a week to the project (half of my own commitment)
-Enjoy the medieval/fantasy setting

How do I join?
Send a Private Message to wyvernfist with the following information:

State/Region/Country of residence:

Position applying for:

Previous game development experience (include link to portfolio):

Meet all listed requirements?

E-mail address and other contact information:
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 11, 10:16:43 PM by wyvernfist »

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
Re: Wyvernfist Studios Recruiting for Online Slasher
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 11, 06:58:35 PM »

Another teaser:

Imagine yourself on a grassy field, ringed by trees. You hold a short sword and round shield, and wear a shirt of chainmail. You are flanked by your team of warriors, all equipped with varying but equally deadly weaponry. Across the field, you see a group of enemies approach. The fight is on!

This game combines the fast-paced action and exhilirating twitch combat of a First Person Shooter, with the flavor and equipment of a medieval world.

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 11, 06:30:54 PM »

More and more information about this project can be found here:
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/616654-wanted-wyvernfist-studios-now-recruiting/

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 11, 10:37:38 PM »

Be sick if you had multiplayer Tournament style game, but that would require horses for jousting. Still, 1v1 competitions could be something people might enjoy if done right. Side vs side competition is generally the best though.

Good luck.

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 11, 10:46:07 PM »

Team members that contribute high quality work to this project will be invited to stay on the team for the next project - a medieval/fantasy MMORPG.

What skill do you have to offer to the project? It may help to state what quality work you have to contribute to your team members as well.

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 11, 10:52:58 PM »

What skill do you have to offer to the project? It may help to state what quality work you have to contribute to your team members as well.

I will be working as the Designer/Producer during development, and further contributing with some of the level design, website/forums, concept art, and then when the game is near completion, I will shift my energy toward marketing the game. I have Java programming experience, and have taken a Java Game Creation class, but I don't enjoy programming the way I know others do. I would much rather find someone who wants to use this as a portfolio credit or practice than grind this out myself.

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 11, 10:58:51 PM »

blarg
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 11, 08:43:00 PM by deathnvraccepts »

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 11, 10:21:18 PM »

Edited to specify that this project will no longer use micro-transactions, after suggestions that profit-sharing can lead to business/legal issues. This will be an unpaid project that will generate no income, but instead foster learning and personal development. I will of course write a glowing reference letter for anyone who contributes quality work to this project.

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 12, 10:51:10 PM »

Game design doc is complete!

I'm waiting to hear back from two people interested in joining, an artist and a programmer, and would love to find more that are intrigued by this project.

I hope everyone else had a good holiday!
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 12, 10:52:41 PM by wyvernfist »

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 12, 12:31:20 PM »

Welcome AncientAmateur, one of our new programmers!

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 12, 07:22:49 PM »

Howdy all!

While AncientAmateur is familiarizing himself with HeroScript, I'd love to find a programmer with some experience in HS to join and coach him through any tough spots.

We are also still recruiting for the original positions listed in this thread!