HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Asset Repository Clearing  (Read 1836 times)

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
[Resolved] Asset Repository Clearing
« on: Dec 07, 10, 09:07:09 AM »

We are just now starting to be ready to put items in our repository and I want to be sure we put them in the right place.  It seems as if the engine looks for certain items in certain places, such as characters and decals.  I would prefer to be able to place all of our own assets into our own folder under HE, to keep our assets separate from those the clean engine came with.

The reason being, if I recall correctly, when we ship our game, we cannot have the assets that came with the clean engine in it.  It would be much easier to be able to delete them if they are all outside of one folder as opposed to our assets being intermingled with the default ones.

So, I guess I would like to know how much of the repository structure is required to be as is, versus how much we can set the structure as we see fit.  If it is best to keep the structure as is, I guess we will just look to remove the initial assets right at the start.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 01:17:08 PM by HE-Cooper »
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

ScottHill

• View Profile
Re: Asset Repository Clearing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 10, 10:09:51 AM »

The Repository Directory has to stay.

Removing any files will cause certain features of HeroEngine not to function. 

I've been told that the files and content in the repository is okay to ship with.

Many folders are required for HeroEngine such as Characters, Dynamic_2, TextureBanks.  You can create subfolders within these required folders to organize art content.

Cheers!

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 10, 10:30:23 AM »

Just to clarify ...

There's certainly content you could remove.  However, what that is will depend directly on what you use.

We wouldn't recommend removing (or moving) any content in the repository until you understand whether and how you're relying on it.

herb marselas
graphics guy

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 10, 11:10:18 AM »

OK, I guess what I had read probably referred to the Hero's Journey assets then, while the clean engine assets are fine to stay.  Thanks again. :D
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.