HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Would anyone want to teach me HSL for 15$?  (Read 2671 times)

Battlelegion

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Would anyone want to teach me HSL for 15$?
« on: Dec 16, 11, 05:04:08 PM »

I am willing to pay 15$ to anyone who will teach me HSL, I always wanted to learn scripting, and I just cant get through the books. I would like to learn by someone either talking to me through a mic, or typing to me through skype. I have no other knowledge of scripting, but, I am a quick learner. I just need to know how to make basic scripts, I should be able to teach myself the rest, by the time we are done, I would like to be able to code up lets say a character controller or npc ai script. Message me here or add me on skype (yearsofwardeveloper) if interested.

tugowar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Would anyone want to teach me HSL for 15$?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 11, 05:41:07 PM »

Lynda.com will talk to you if you can't do books, but what you are asking is a rediculous amount of work.  If you had a background in programming - maybe - but not from scratch.

Also, see this thread:
http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1373.0.html

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 11, 06:04:13 PM »

I personally wouldn't consider a character controller, or AI basic.

Unless you mean by teaching you basic scripts, you would be able to create a custom character controller, or AI?

But still, I think it would require more than basic knowledge.

Battlelegion

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 11, 07:18:48 PM »

It may, I just need to understand how to make something like that. If you think this is not enough money to learn anything like that, let me know, I want / need to learn 2 things, I could learn the other, or I could just get more money.

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 11, 07:53:35 PM »

Battlelegion

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 11, 08:46:14 PM »

have you done this yet?
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Your_First_HSL_Script

I think I will take some time to try to teach myself, beginning with that, thanks for the link.

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 11, 08:51:03 PM by Battlelegion »

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 11, 09:53:52 PM »

have you done this yet?
http://hewiki.heroengine.com/wiki/Your_First_HSL_Script

I think I will take some time to try to teach myself, beginning with that, thanks for the link.

You could also look at all the client and server scripts with the prefix "E_" and try to follow and understand what they do. Once you understand that, you might  have a better understanding how to get simple things to work. Just play around, set a small goal. then go for it.

When I first had access, I wanted to port over the HJref news system.
I thought it would be pretty easy and at the same time help me understand how things work. It took quite some time, but I eventually got it working.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 11, 04:35:20 AM »

I am willing to pay 15$ to anyone who will teach me HSL, I always wanted to learn scripting, and I just cant get through the books. I would like to learn by someone either talking to me through a mic, or typing to me through skype. I have no other knowledge of scripting, but, I am a quick learner. I just need to know how to make basic scripts, I should be able to teach myself the rest, by the time we are done, I would like to be able to code up lets say a character controller or npc ai script. Message me here or add me on skype (yearsofwardeveloper) if interested.

I think if someone was to tutor you on programming in HeroScript then it would likely cost you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 11, 10:36:30 PM »

I will do it for a two large pizzas  ::)

pitso777

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • unversialcraft
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 12, 08:59:01 PM »

people talk about this before. They say you should learn the basics and advance before u start with HSL so im learning the basics right now. I got 4 books yesterday and ill be done them in 2 weeks its like 1500 pages but I need to know it. Ill even read 60000 i got 3.5 years to learn this and bring out my app. probley not going to work but im trying my best lol. Wow I got off topic anyways check out chapters. That is where I got my books.