HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Is there a list of standard measurements somewhere in the Wiki?  (Read 1110 times)

SPayne

• General Accounts
  • The 5th Realm MMORPG
    • View Profile
    • The 5th Realm MMORPG

I finally got Max, L3DT, 3D World Studio, The Hammer, Photoshop, Wilbur and a few others installed and set up. (PHEW!) Now I'm ready to attempt importing some of the models I already have but I may need to scale them so I'm wondering what are the recommended dimensions of a typical doorway for a default character in the game world (among other things)? What are the dimensions of a default character anyway? Is there a list in the Wiki that I missed? I know that when you set up Max the units = .o1 meters but that is all I can find.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 12, 03:28:09 PM by HE-Cooper »
I see it all in my mind.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Is there a list of standard measurements somewhere in the Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 11, 06:52:04 AM »

With the unit scale you point out, that's pretty much all you need, since our assets are placeholders, you make all of your assets relative to each other, and voila.

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 11, 07:23:48 AM »

I think in the account management in the downloads tab, there is a sample human model, so you can adjust the size of your structures according to it.

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 11, 03:58:30 PM »

Even at the .01 meter Max scale, I still find that I have to increase my models in game by a factor of 1.5 in order to appear to scale with the HJ sample characters.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art