HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Websites?  (Read 2804 times)

Tythin4

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Websites?
« on: Dec 19, 11, 07:16:42 PM »

I'm looking to start my website now. What you you guys suggest for hosting and how do you like the accounts for the game to the site?  That question has been bugging me for a while

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
Re: Websites?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 11, 07:19:29 PM »

I'm looking to start my website now. What you you guys suggest for hosting and how do you like the accounts for the game to the site?  That question has been bugging me for a while

AFAIK you get API access to the game server when you get a production level server access but have to use your own web host for the website. My server will be using a Managed VPS Host for my game sites & studio site.

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 11, 09:07:16 PM »

We are using a VPS host as well, you could probably get away with something slightly cheaper till you start to pull more traffic, but at least I don't have to worry too much about them harassing me if it decides to use more than a percent or two of the CPU over a period of time.  They are somewhat similar to cloud instances and tend to cost slightly less since they tend to just be a single server sliced up versus the different options used to actually run what most companies call a cloud nowadays.

You can get VPS packages from $15 up to typically $60-70 or so before you start to get into the cheaper dedicated atom style servers (on some cheaper hosts).
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

tugowar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 11, 09:38:02 AM »

I'm a big fan of hostgator.com.  Great support.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 11, 05:59:42 PM »

we will be using VPS Latch. They have a fairly strong reputation as a Managed VPS Host.

pitso777

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • unversialcraft
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 12, 07:18:01 PM »

what is the best web page builder and do you need a host to host it because i know a website builder that i think hosts websites and builds them at the same time web starts please tell me if it hosts websites.