HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Nefarious Means looking for contributors/collaborators/cohorts/etc.  (Read 1814 times)

madeux

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

I'm assuming that the majority of people looking at these forums are probably members of an existing team, but I'm guessing that there are probably quite a few lurkers here as well, just waiting for an opportunity to contribute.

With that in mind, Nefarious Means is current recruiting for an MMORPG that is in the very early stages of development.  All positions are on a volunteer basis, myself included, with shares of any profit being divided based on individual contribution.

Our current project is a themepark/sandbox hybrid with a Lovecraftian theme.  Some key features are:

• Meaningful Realm vs Realm vs Realm PvP
  • A living, breathing world. (With plenty of death in it, of course!)
  • In-depth crafting and a player run economy for occult items
  • Truly dynamic events, including dynamic "dungeon" experiences
  • Player Housing/Guild Halls
  • Player choices with real consequences
  • Far too many quests for any single player to complete, allowing for a unique playing experience

We are currently looking to fill the following positions:

•     *Programmers  (Must know at least one programming language.  Be prepared to become a HeroScript Ninja!)
  • *Database Administrators (For our unique approach to building an MMORPG, we will require a robust database to manage all of our collaborators & assets)
  • 3D Artists (Characters, weapons, world objects, environments, etc.)
  • 2D Artists (Conceptual artwork, textures, etc.)
  • *System Designers (Looking for some innovative ideas on crafting, economy, profession, etc.  Those with programming experience or artistic abilities will be given a preference here.)
  • Community Manager (There's no community yet, but when there is, you'll be managing it!)
  • Webmaster (Our current site is built on Joomla)
  • Writers (Story arcs, quest lines, dynamic events, back story)

*As we are still early in development, these are currently our top priority.

We are looking for people willing to dedicate a significant amount of their personal time, as well as those who may only want to contribute one or two 3d models in order to build their professional portfolio.  Breaking into the gaming industry can be hard, but together we can create our own opportunity.

Contact me here or at admin@nefariousmeans.org and tell me what you feel you can contribute to the project.  Feel free to respond with any questions you might have.

-matt