HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Force Strike Gaming  (Read 3289 times)

RacerX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Force Strike MMOG
Force Strike Gaming
« on: Dec 23, 11, 02:51:17 PM »

Happy Holidays to all!

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself my name is john and me and my two man team (growing hopefully) wanted to explain our MMOG Force Strike.

First though..I have been a half-life HL2 Modder and mapper as well as educating myself over the years learning the various scripting languages. I have tried many engines in the pursuit of making simple games and even a few that claimed you could make massive virtual worlds.

I must admit I was saving the initial $5000 to purchase the cloud and develop with it. becoming free was something that just left me awestruck and elated.

My primary goal for Force Strike MMOG is is to start simple as the learning curve gives way to productive pursuits with HSL I hope to share those scripts to this community as I progress.

Lofty goals and actual design goals are very simple right now. in the long run I hope to have something similar in mechanics and systems of Starwars galaxies. In fact Pre-Combat Upgrade is still something me and my fellow gamers hold very fond, and we swore if the tech would someday allow for even several of those systems to exist in our game,we would make it.

Minus the massive lawsuits trying to make a so called SWG2 (long standing joke) I have opted to create this MMOG with my own original story and original content. for the sake of creating something me and others who join me, could also say.. "yes we made this" and we hope to just make something fun and give players the options many MMOs lack these days.

Well long rant off, I wont post much here. I tend to search every thread before i need to.and I hope to be here posting relevant questions and answers once i become more learned with HE.

Have a great Holidays everyone and a safe new years.

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 11, 02:56:55 PM by RacerX »

tugowar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Force Strike Gaming
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 11, 02:44:44 PM »

Lofty goals and actual design goals are very simple right now. in the long run I hope to have something similar in mechanics and systems of Starwars galaxies. In fact Pre-Combat Upgrade is still something me and my fellow gamers hold very fond, and we swore if the tech would someday allow for even several of those systems to exist in our game,we would make it.

Welcome.

So I played SWG when it first came out and not since then.  If you don't mind, what is this system that you refer to?

RacerX

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Force Strike MMOG
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 11, 12:01:13 PM »

Welcome.

So I played SWG when it first came out and not since then.  If you don't mind, what is this system that you refer to?

I'm referring to certain features like 3d inventory and the crafting system. which i thought was amazing even though it was pretty much required so when you drop a inventory object in a player house,and for crafting seeing a finsihed product or part in the crating process.

Also the profession system was amazing. it had allot of "overkill" but was effective pre-cu. I also liked how you had a chance to unlock a Alpha class like Jedi. my alpha class is still pretty much just a list of concepts, but being very different for my game if i even add it.

So many thing's i could list that could be designed from that game, and improved upon as well. I prefer a completely player crafted economy for one. drops are mainly materials. everything is crafted or nearly crafted.

Right now though,reducing the learning curve with the engine is my main priority. it's seems fairly straight forward with a few hitches here and there. but so far,so good.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 11, 12:06:09 PM by RacerX »

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 11, 09:09:06 PM »

Sounds too good to be true. Take it as a compliment not a sarcastic remark. Good luck with your endeavor.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 11, 12:38:03 AM »

I recall that inventory.  Everything was a little spinning model of whatever it looked like.  Could even preview basically anything and spin it around with the pop-up window.

Good times & good luck :)

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 12, 11:57:11 PM »

It seems that your team and mine have similar goals in mind as we also are using SWG as a model for our game based in the Traveller universe.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art