HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Noob question....  (Read 2384 times)

LopivNest

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Snow Cloud Entertainment
[RESOLVED] Noob question....
« on: Dec 23, 11, 04:56:46 PM »

I Start working with Hero Engine from zero, Create a new area, without doing any kind of script or modification, I try to enter into it to edit, and I always get the same error....

System:SCRIPT[_InputHandlerClassMethods]:_OnKeyBindingsLoaded: , /heroenginekeybindings.ini
System:SCRIPT[_InputHandlerClassMethods]:_OnKeyBindingsLoaded: , /gamekeybindings.ini
System:SCRIPT[_characterSelectionClassMethods]:Got updated names...
!ERROR!System:ERROR: Not found (0xFACE000F) loading resource: /journey/repository/hegame/engine/cleangame/resources/common/textures/white_utility01.dds
!ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found
!ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found

12/23/2011 23:48:22
Call trace:
  Script _playerAccountClassMethods line 63 me[9223372056107664320]
starting method/function _ONREPLICATIONGROUPADDED
starting me[id=9223372056107664320 class=_PlayerAccount]

If anybody have had this error before or knows how to fix it, I will be very grateful, because Iīm very impatient to start my project and I canīt because of this error...What a shame!

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 12, 12:36:18 PM by HE-Cooper »
3D designer and World Builder in Piratesī Nest

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Noob question....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 11, 06:33:14 PM »

I logged into your world as my account and yours without problem, and was able to enter edit instances so I'm not sure what the local issue is. In the short term I guess the only recommendation I can make is to clear your local repository cache. I'm on my phone now, so don't have a link, but if you look in the common problems wiki page you'll find an entry to clear the LRC.

My only other thought is to make sure you are accessing your world and not HJ ref or Social Ref, but the create new area button shouldn't even be available to you, so unless we've set up your account incorrectly, that's not likely to be it.

Out of interest, if you make a new account under another email address and add it to your group does the problem to away when you log in with that account?

LopivNest

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 11, 06:05:29 AM »

Cooper, when you log in in my world does it appear the same error than me in the error window?, or only appears to me, because if it is that, Iīll assume that is a local issue....

LopivNest

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 11, 06:54:53 AM »

I have tried with another account, clearing LRC and the same error. This is frustrating. Always the same error....In addition, I donīt know how to debug it so, itīs useless....

LopivNest

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 11, 07:19:22 AM »

Well, at last...I think Iīm Stupid. I didnīt know that I had to create one character just to edit one instance...Thatīs why HeroBlade was giving me an id node not found.....How Stupid I am...

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 11, 01:39:28 PM »

Problem solved. We do give pretty specific instructions in the setup email to make a character first. :-) but all that matters is that you're up and running.