HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: What is your thoughts on the ACTA?  (Read 2129 times)

ifconfig

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
What is your thoughts on the ACTA?
« on: Nov 22, 11, 02:52:36 AM »

I personally hate  it  due to the fact that it violates the majority of our rights being a USA Citizen and  not to mention International  laws within there governments.

ACTA  is getting voted on in the next couple of days

Do you feel as if it should be legal or illegal?

ACTA Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ

Taschenmogul

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: What is your thoughts on the ACTA?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 11, 04:15:21 PM »

Honestly I frown upon seemingly more and more topics that donīt have much or anything to do with HeroEngine.
That aside, voicing my opinion regarding ACTA could bring me to use language that would violate forum rules... ;-)
Only so much - being a EU citizen, ACTA does seem to violate quite a few EU-wide and national laws too.
The fact that ACTA was largely worked out explicitly in secrecy does say a lot. Obviously citizens are not meant to know what ACTA would mean for them...

adrix89

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 11, 04:46:27 PM »

ACTA is meaningless, it's like partying on the Titanic.
It is mafia rule,and this won't last since they have absolutely no foundation to stand on in the current geopolitical environment.
The results of passing this into law will have 2 possible effects:

Raise the Open Source and Creative Commons as an alternative to Copyright since the IP laws will be too tightened,just like the radios adapted.

And/Or Global Riots(not because of this particular act but because of the whole system that is crumbling)

So I'm all for it since keeping the old failed system in place is pointless,it has to go.

tugowar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 11, 12:01:09 AM »

I support ACTA.

I've actually read the house bill all the way through ( though I haven't kept up with any revisions ).

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 11, 11:58:08 AM »

Honestly I frown upon seemingly more and more topics that donīt have much or anything to do with HeroEngine.

although this is an "everything else" section, I agree, a million other forums where you can post this and have people who actually care respond with answers that are not similar to mine :)

phantomhood

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 11, 07:28:47 PM »

I am against acta, To many little holes they can exploit. More and more we start leaning towards nazi germany than america and we keep letting them move that border.

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 11, 08:57:17 PM »

I havent heard much about ACTA.
But I am conerned with SOPA and PIPA..

But I am also not sure if SOPA and/or PIPA will pass.. They sound like they would surely destroy Youtube,Twitter,FB, Ect..