HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Wild West  (Read 2060 times)

Hadanta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Wild West
« on: Jan 26, 12, 08:45:58 PM »

Been working on this game just on paper. Since the only background I have in games is playing them. At 40 years old, not sure if I can learn a new trick. Maybe with the right people, my dream would come true.

Wild West

Starting Cities:

Dodge City:
Tombstone
Virginia City

Profession:

Some samples of some of CC ability.
Sheriff:
CC= Jail. Places a small jail around the target.

Cowboy:
CC= Roping: Ropes the target:

Doctor:
CC= None at this time

Gunslinger:
CC = Gunfire Dance (Makes the target dance)

Bounty Hunter:
CC = Pistol Whip

Medicine Man:
Rifleman:

Crafting:

Salon Owner
Banker
Mayor
Black Smith
Gun Smith
Miner
Farmer
Lumber
woodsman
Gen Store

Township

After you have reach a basic level in the game. You will need to join a township (guild). To join a township the Mayor of the town (Guild Leader) would have need to buy a land grant to start.  Each land grant would be a area on the map for you to build the town. The closer to the main city, faster you will arrive. If you have level correct you will have a mule for your trip. Once you have arrive at your township, you may look around to place a small house or farm around your township. 

Travel:

Mule / Horse / Wagon

Mule: Will slow and use very little water and rest for the mule to travel. Will also be able to carry small amount of items:  Mule can not upgrade tact. Once you have enough skills in riding a mule. You can upgrade to a horse.

Horse: Horse will come with basic sadler. You may upgrade your sadlerbags and salder from a leather worker and black smith. Horse shoes will need to be replace over time. Once you break a horse shoe, your horse speed will slow down. More breaks the slower you will go. You will need to see a blacksmith for new horse shoes. You can upgrade your sadler and horse for faster speeds. The big sadlerbags the slow your horse will travel and more rest your horse will need.  At some point, if you need to move that many items like logs and things. Then you can buy a wagon with a team of horse's.

Wagon: You may need a wagon for the job. You may add up to 4 horses to your wagon. Each time you add a horse. You can carry more things in the wagon. More horses the big the wagon, but bigger the cost to keep them going.

Stage Coach:

As you town begins to grow, your mayor can place a stage coach route to a city or other players town, only if that player also has a stage coach. If you buy a cheap ticket, you sit on top of the stage coach. You may be attack by npcs. You pay more, then you get to be inside of the coach.

Railroad:

Travel too and from the 3 cities listed above or as more cities open to the player.

Town:

Each town will have the following, only if someone has pick that profession:

City Hall (Guild Hall)

Sheriff Office:
   Used for posting of player bounty, and placing people into jail. If you drink to much at the salon, you may find they local sheriff can arrest you. You will pay a small fine according to the town.  A sheriff (player) Can have  npc's around the town for protection of the bank and town.

Bank:
  You can only carry so much gold dust and nuggets on you. Place you can drop things off for storage. Once
a week, a player bank can be rob by other players (Gunslinger) The better bank vault and sheriff npc protection the harder a player will have to rob it. They can only take 1% of the gold in the bank vault. The bank owner (player) will know when the bank can be rob (4 hour window). Once the bank been rob, each person in that bank robbery group will be flag for a set amount of time. You township can chase after with a group of 8 and get the gold back to the bank. Once the gold is place bank into the bank, its safe again. If they get away with the gold and the set time is up. They keep it, but then a bounty is place on them at the sheriff office bounty board for that town. A bounty hunter and come to your town and pick up the player bounty or travel to a Marshal's office at a major city (Tombstone)

Salon (hotel)

Used for rest area and social area. A player can rest in your salon or just have fun. If they like to log out at your salon. They can pay you for a room for the night. They will gain rest xp if they do. Salon owner will be ab le to have poker tables and dance girls for you buffs. You may sit down ata poker table, where a mini game will open. You will be able to play poker and other games with players on that server. You could earn you gold or loose everything you have.

Barber:
     When you start see flys around your cowboy hat, it may be time to take a bath and shave. Where players can go and change what your char looks like in the game.

Telegraph Office:

Once town is has reach lvl 2 township. A telegraph office can be added to the town by the mayor. Here a player can send mail to each other.

Post Office:

A town that reach lvl 4 status, can upgrade the telegraph office to a post Office. A Post Office will allow you to access mail and catalog (Auction House). You will be able to order things from the catalog and have it ship by stage coach to your towns (Post Office Box).

Auction House:

Once a crafter (Artisan) have reach master. They may post items for sale in catalog (Auction House). To avoid going to a major city post office. There town would need to have a post office. Small fee to print things to the catalog (Auction House). Lets say i'm player, my town does not have a good gun smith for my level. I may travel to a major city or to my towns post office or to the next town over and look at the gun smith at that town. If I order from my mail order post office. the cost of shipping the item to my post office , depends on how far the town is from my post office box. If a gun smith A and B makes the same gun with the same stats. They both cost 500 gold dust, then what ever town is cheaper for shipping that item, I could buy it. Maybe I like one gun smith better then the other. Then I may pay more for shipping anyway. I have to wait for the item to come on the stagecoach to the post office. If the town stagecoach only has 2 horse team, then it can take up to a hour for it. If the major has the money. They could have up to 6 horses, making it only take 15 minutes to arrive to the post office.

Town Crafting Stations:

Each town would have the following for people to craft. You wont be able to carry 200 tree logs on a horse. You better have a wagon to carry things to the town.

Lumber Mill
Black Smith
Gun Smith
Ice House (food Crafting)

Character build:

On the left of the screen, you will see a 18year old kid. On the right you will see a 35 year old. You will see what they will or could look like as they grow up in the game. You will be able to change some looks at the barber shop in town like hair, hair color etc.. but not things like eye color and the size you like to be in height and weight.

How to lvl.
  You wont so much lvl up from 1-50 or what ever. But as you use items in the game, you will go up in skill. Things like dual pistol or rifleman and things you can open up faster gun.  I still working on the skill trees. I'm looking more at a SWG pre-cu model for skill trees.

Story Line:
   Since the old west was before 1923, ever things is now Public Domain. You may fight someone like Billy the Kid in gun fight. yes there will be pvp in the game and township (Guild Wars)

Little about the pvp.

there will be a area on the map for pvp zone. Why would a township people (Crafters) like to pvp. The area of the map would offer better area to gather crafting resource for that week. Once a town won a area on the map, they would have a week to place items down to gather resource. After a week, your town would have to fight to hold the area once again or something like that, still a working it at this time.

Factions 3:

1) Americans
2) Mexican
3) Indians ( Think of the Indian faction as pirates)

You may need to cross a area that will flag you. You may cross a Indian, Mexican or American zone for better resource or just as a short cut to a town.

I'm still working things on paper. I would like to put a team together (NO PAY) Just to get a area that people could play. Find investors with the cash and build out this game.

Your Thoughts!!!!

Thanks

Michael McCarthy

Email: Magicekg@gmail.com

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 12, 12:28:43 AM by Hadanta »

Hadanta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Updated Main
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 12, 10:56:49 PM »

Updated Main
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 12, 11:42:40 PM by Hadanta »

Dothackking

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Wild West
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 12, 11:02:39 PM »

Looks really nice!  Haven't seen one like this before

Hadanta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
updated
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 12, 11:14:39 PM »

updated
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 12, 11:42:19 PM by Hadanta »

TGSRofar

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 12, 05:01:37 PM »

I have had dreams of making a game along these lines for years now.  And it is in my back pocket for a future project pending the outcome of our current project.

Are you a programmer or an artist or designer?
Do you have a team yet?

[EDIT]: Guess I didn't read close enough before posting.  Forget the second question.
« Last Edit: Jan 27, 12, 05:03:40 PM by rfarrel »
Ron Farrell
Lead Programmer
Triad Game Studios

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 12, 05:09:03 PM »

The idea for a western has crossed my mind, but I found the genre too limiting which is why I took the Sci-Fi western approach to my game. Sci-Fi Western in the sense of Firefly.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art

Hadanta

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 12, 05:48:46 PM »

I talk to Shane from Deadlands playing card game. He also try to make a wild west deadlands mmo. The main studio closed thier doors. Same studio that work on the Stargate MMO that failed. I have no team at this time. I like to create a team to make a very small area.as I will work more on the GDC that I can show. Also looking into if the market would like a mmo of just the wild west. I dont want to waste a person free time. My plan is to start a website first with forums and each month release little more info about the game. Only have some art work and info about the game. I try to reach 100k+ users on the forums Then take the ideal to a larger studio or find the investor for the game. I also work with some 3rd party vendors to sale western items on the site. To help raise money for the project.

I never program a game, just a game player that is so tired of faild mmo's on the market. Anyone that can waste 300 million on a game. 200+ million of that spent on voice actors, made a game that could go F2P short amount of time. Not have things in the MMo that all MMO's have today is a shame. This game will be as much about crafting as it is about pve and pvp. If your bored like to help with some art work. I try everything I can to get us the funds to get started.

Thanks
Michael

Email: magickeg@gmail.com