HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Destructable  (Read 1769 times)

SeelyBoothe

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Destructable
« on: Dec 26, 11, 10:04:08 AM »

Well  I am looking to get started on my game. And I am a extreme noob. I have a pretty solid I dea of what my game will be but am looking for the right development engine. So the first question is will hero engine allow for a destructable environment. The idea is to allow the assets, buildings, cars, etc to be shot, run over by the players. Of course everything would eventually repair but is the something I can accomplish with hero engine.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 08:48:00 PM by HE-Cooper »

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Destructable
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 11, 11:14:05 AM »

hmm.. you ran over a car (you swap it for a damaged model) and after some time you reset it to the default model ... if you are looking for a more realistic destruction, like the car will be damaged only on the part that you ran over, I'm not sure if you can do that.

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
Re: Destructable
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 11, 12:34:56 PM »

Destructible objects are not engine specific. That is usual done as part of the model itself. If you want a wall to collapse, you will have to model the wall as segments which will break apart. You then have to script that into the game with some type of physics.

So to answer your question, yes, HeroEngine can have destructible objects, you just have to create them as such and script them to behave the way you want them.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art