HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BleachMMORPG  (Read 8163 times)

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: BleachMMORPG
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 12, 10:32:52 PM »

:o funniest thread ever

Tythin4

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 12, 11:43:27 PM »

I think a little more insightful than funny :P  My advice is to try to get the rights from the bleach people by giving them a prototype of of the game in its early stages to show that you know what your doing.  If that doesn't work, make it bleach-like like everyone else is saying.

JD_Mortal

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 15, 12, 06:14:57 AM »

Yes, you will run into problems using another person's intellectual property, free or not. That falls into the line of piracy, as you are copying their ideas, and offering them for free. Thus, they can not make money off an idea which they may already be working on.

They will not purchase it from you, they will simply take it, or bury you. (Most judges will actually force you to turn-over your work. Only true work that you can claim as "your original property", will be allowed to remain in your possession. However, they determine what that is, not you.)

Don't complicate your efforts.

Now, what you can do... is create a game, and allow user-content. By law, you are only required to remove content which "has been brought to your attention, for removal, by a legal take-down notice."

This "generic game", could use similar content, as a base-line... Without actually using the words "Bleach MMO". You can legally say, it is a "Bleach-style MMO game." Avoiding any "Names", "Powers", "Story-lines", or "Story-history".

You also have to remember, copyrights are country-specific. You may not find a US copyright, because they might have one in China and Japan only. Or, if here, it may not be under the "bleach" name, as that is an "Americanized" translation of the original concept.

If you are creative enough to copy their content, you are obviously creative enough to create your own content. Don't get depressed by law and reality... That is what will protect your game from being made "free" or being "sold" to others, under your good name, making you look bad, if they do it wrong...
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 12, 06:16:51 AM by JD_Mortal »

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 12, 09:00:44 AM »

Everyone who posted in this thread did so to help you and give you advice. If don't want our advice, no problem, just don't follow it. Wanna switch to cry engine? No problem, go ahead. No one is holding you here. We are here to give you advice not to handle copyright agreements or whatever for you. We told you what we think, no one said anything bad, we just told you our opinions. So even if you don't care about our opinions or our advice, just ignore it, but there is no reason for you to get mad on us.
i say don't give other posibilities, im going to make a bleach mmorpg but i need copyrigth, if i didn't have copyrigth i didn't open beta this post its for search the email or phone nnumber of the person who have copyrigth of bleach, and don't talk me that way again, and u are a moderator? bah...

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 12, 09:37:22 AM »

No, he's not a moderator, but I am :)

If they don't have a "HE-" prefix, they're not moderators.

Bottom line: knock yourself out, do whatever you want.

However, the feedback that others are trying to give you is this:

There are lots of free/fan games based on a lot of IPs like Bleach, One Piece, FLCL, Star Wars, whatever.

BUT! If you end up gaining notoriety, or being successful, or making $1, then they will shut you down because of the copyright.

That's a completely objective statement.  There's no malice there from anyone.

Their suggestion is: be inspired by Bleach, don't copy it exactly.

That's it.  Boom, done.

Please be nice to each other and go make cool games.

Cheers

herb marselas
graphics guy

COOLTYCHO

• General Accounts
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/cooltycho/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 12, 06:42:18 AM »

I have no idea what Bleach is but this thread makes me super excited to see it on Cryengine!  8)

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 12, 08:50:37 AM »

I have no idea what Bleach is but this thread makes me super excited to see it on Cryengine!  8)

You never washed clothes, huh? :D

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 12, 09:24:07 AM »

sorry for my bad behavior, some coments come under me, the young center of my country its contacting with Creative Commons Atribución, how have the license of bleach games, and HE-Herb thnx for all

KuruiRaiku

• General Accounts
  • Hepsibar Please!
    • View Profile
    • White Circle Studios
« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 12, 09:03:36 PM »

Always contact them before making fangames. Some will actually give you permission. The creators/owners of Star Ocean gave me permission to make a fangame before (though I ended up going original anyway), so it's not entirely out of the question.

If you do make a BLEACH MMORPG with permission, would you put Inaba Kageroza in it? He's the only guy I like from the series. :P It would be amazing to see him get some attention in a game. I'm not a fan of BLEACH (I don't even watch it except for his arc), but I am a truly obsessive fan of his.

:P

Looking forward to seeing how the project pans out.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #24 on: Feb 04, 12, 06:53:05 AM »

sorry for my bad behavior, some coments come under me, the young center of my country its contacting with Creative Commons Atribución, how have the license of bleach games, and HE-Herb thnx for all

hahaha

TheBeginnings

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 01, 12, 03:07:05 PM »

hi this is in no way me trying to be rude or mean or shun your ideas in anyway, i'm simply giving my opinion.

1. the licensing for beach is exactly proportionate to there net gross (which is currently several million). to even try to get the license you would have to pay a TON of money.

2. Proper English is VERY important, especially if your going to use a license that has an english translation. (if it has an english translation, then that means the transaction will most likely be done in english.) and by your english i'm guessing it's not your first language.

3. When developing a game you can't just think of YOU, you have to think of the PLAYER BASE. You sorta yelled at the people who would probably be some of your first players, that's not good costumer support.

are you gonna yell at everyone who plays your game and talks about things they want in it? things that you didn't originally put in.

I recommend learning how to take advice/criticism, because there's ALOT of it in the world.

Vedrit

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 07, 12, 06:50:23 AM »

In addition to what TheBeginnings said, from the perspective of someone who has not made a name for himself in his chosen field, I wouldn't want my name or work as a 3D modeler attached to a game that could very well end in a lawsuit. While I dont know what the ramifications would be, I highly doubt it would help to progress any sort of career in 3D modeling.

Ashtefere

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 12, 12:16:56 AM »

I originally ran a fan-based bleach mod for NWN2. It has a few youtube vids.

I actually started it back when bleach was just a manga, and contacted Kubo Tite (the writer) using google translate, then in an email, asking for permission.

He gave me his blessing, and I have him an outline for the story we would use (Shinigami vs Secret Quincy Rebellion).

He said that was a good idea, and to go ahead.

Fast forward about 9 years, and he has begun using my original storyline for the Mod as the current story arc in bleach  :D

I recommend you contact him, and ask him for permission to make a free to play mmorpg. He will likely give it, as he gave me. But if any other company (viz for example) decides to make a bleach mmorpg at some stage, you will be shut down hard and fast.

-Jon
Pages: 1 [2]