HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: BleachMMORPG  (Read 8733 times)

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
BleachMMORPG
« on: Jan 04, 12, 12:58:52 PM »

hi im making a mmorpg based in bleach, after i upload the models and the progress!

Dothackking

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: BleachMMORPG
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 12, 02:06:55 PM »

Good luck with avoiding the copyright infringement issues

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 12, 10:41:57 AM »

Good luck with avoiding the copyright infringement issues

copyrigth problems are when u win money with them, my game are going to be free2play

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 12, 10:47:45 AM »

Sorry but there have been cases where a Game was in development that used some one elses IP (Pokemon), the game hadn't even been released to the public yet, and they received a court order to stop development. You can AND WILL run into issues and any step along the way and if your not willing to listen then you WILL end up being fined!

You had BETTER do some more research before getting to far into this project if you don't want to end up in a huge mess!

Gabzox

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 12, 12:46:54 PM »

And also F2P games still count as copyright infringment because you are taking away "potential revenue".

This is the perfect site for you

http://www.sloperama.com/advice/faq61.htm

make sure you read it all because this will explain it to you simply.
Project: Fantasy Technology is currently looking for developers.

http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1682.0.html

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 12, 02:34:16 PM »

Yeah definitely do not want to use an existing IP and make a game around it without getting the permission of the IP holder first.  Even if you it makes no money in any fashion you will still receive a cease and desist order unless for some reason they are open to that kind of derivative work (and I would get it in writing).  You can probably copy some elements of the world to a certain degree (kind of like the hero mmos out there that aren't blatantly using marvel characters), but you do not want to use any of their characters, names, places, etc. 

Quite honestly, I am surprised this isn't blatantly in the HeroCloud license as the way things are getting stupid now a days they might be putting themselves at some kind of legal risk by even hosting it.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 12, 11:37:46 AM »

this a big problem :/ how i contact for talk or pay copyrigth (to the people how have the copyright of bleach games) beacause my intention its not make an ilegal mmorpg or other thinks... please help

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 12, 12:15:29 PM »

Well try e-mail I guess. I'm not sure who is the copyright holder for Bleach, I only know the creator is Tite Kubo .. maybe try contacting him and he can point you to others...

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 12, 05:38:21 PM »

I don't want to crush dreams or anything but uhm... Think about how old you are right now, and what a team you have behind you, with a succesful release. What are the chances that they will give you the rights?

Besides, HeroEngine does check your game out before it is released. If it contains copyright-infringement (of course they don't know everything..), I don't think they will host your game. As game-hosts, you are also responsible.

Caldenfor

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 12, 10:14:31 PM »

Don't make a BleachMMO, make a Bleach-likeMMO.

Ghost/monster killers that have powerful weapons that they can learn to master? No problem.

Be creative. Use it as inspiration, but not for content.

sdbaynham

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 12, 03:45:14 PM »

Ghost/monster killers that have powerful weapons that they can learn to master? No problem.

This is absolutely the best advice you are going to receive.

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 12, 04:22:02 PM »

This is absolutely the best advice you are going to receive.

Agreed. The best advice indeed.

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 12, 12:47:26 PM »

don't give another device this is not a support i 'll make a bleach mmorpg no another, if u don't help me with copyrigth, don't tell me other posibilities or i change to cry engine  >:(

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 12, 01:13:15 PM »

everyone is trying to help you the best they can and it seems you are getting mad. If you want to face a lawsuit then by all means create a bleach mmo and face the music. No one is holding a gun to your head to stay on hero engine. If you don't want opinions, don't post on the forums

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 12, 02:06:20 PM »

Everyone who posted in this thread did so to help you and give you advice. If don't want our advice, no problem, just don't follow it. Wanna switch to cry engine? No problem, go ahead. No one is holding you here. We are here to give you advice not to handle copyright agreements or whatever for you. We told you what we think, no one said anything bad, we just told you our opinions. So even if you don't care about our opinions or our advice, just ignore it, but there is no reason for you to get mad on us.
Pages: [1] 2