HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: BleachMMORPG  (Read 3110 times)

BleachMMORPG

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
BleachMMORPG
« on: Jan 04, 12, 01:00:10 PM »

im making a mmorpg based in the anime bleach
i need people/admin/mods how i can add to my group and help me =)

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
Re: BleachMMORPG
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 12, 01:10:23 PM »

Ummm if you don't have permission by the original creators of bleach..you are looking at a hefty lawsuit

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 12, 01:26:04 PM »

Truthfully I don't think he has much to worry about because I really will be surprised if his game sees the light of day... If some one isn't willing to put more effort into their Help wanted post then it's normally a good indication that they won't be willing to put the work into creating a MMO.

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 12, 07:18:11 PM »

James has a point. The short and very brief "help wanted" post isn't a sign of someone dedicated to his project. It pretty much seems to me like a guy standing in the street and shouting on people and thinking someone would help.

1) If you expect someone to help, you need to make them want to you help. That is achieved by a well-structured help wanted post and most probably a financial compensation would be required too.

2) Tell us more about your project. Not everyone is familiar with the anime Bleach and so he/she doesn't know what to expect.

3) Even if you would be able to create the game you want to, you would still have problems with creators of Bleach (Kubo Tite and whoever owns the rights to his work).

Quality4D

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 12, 10:05:30 PM »

What if the game is non-profitable then he can create it, the original creaters wont mind.

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 12, 03:54:05 AM »

It doesn't matter if it's profitable or not. It still doesn't change the fact that it's copyright infringement and it still won't save him from a potential lawsuit.

wyvernfist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Wyvernfist Studios
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 12, 05:43:20 PM »

It doesn't matter if it's profitable or not. It still doesn't change the fact that it's copyright infringement and it still won't save him from a potential lawsuit.
SWCombine.com is an online browser-based RPG that operates in the Star Wars universe without LucasArts permission. They've been going for 13 years but haven't been challenged because they're not-for-profit and completely free to play.

AtomicArts

• General Accounts
  • AtomicArts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 12, 07:28:43 PM »

I recommend you to contact the company that made Bleach, or owner. Before you even start working on the game. Even if it isnt going to make money. If you don't get permission from the creators of Bleach, then who knows? When you release the game, chances are it's going to be shut down and you'd have to pay a fine of $10,000 for copyright infringement. This is just to help you. You need to be sure about everything when you plan on starting an MMO. Especially a MMO that is based on a show. And plus, not alot of people would really be interested in your project if you don't fill in the details! You just wrote a recruitment thread that anyone can write in 3 seconds. Slow down, add pics, make a story, plan things out, and if you can, take pictures of your current work on the project.

Regards,
AA :]
Hercalin MMORPG: Under Development

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 12, 04:23:03 AM »

SWCombine.com is an online browser-based RPG that operates in the Star Wars universe without LucasArts permission. They've been going for 13 years but haven't been challenged because they're not-for-profit and completely free to play.

Subsection 12 of the disclaimer includes "ITS LICENSORS". So they "could" have a license from the copyright holder. Interesting... :D

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 12, 01:33:25 PM »

For every game that was allowed to continue there are handfuls more that were stopped dead.  13 years ago and today are very different though and many companies are very protective of their IP and licensing agreements as they do not want to dilute their product.  Unless they have a recent history of allowing these kind of adaptations it isn't worth investing the time in only to have it shutdown or worse.  You cannot really have a MMO where you can play the main characters anyway, so you might as well make something similar enough, but without infringing on their IP.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

Gabzox

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 12, 01:41:59 PM »

Listen let flip this around

let's say you are the creator of bleach, you made a whole tv show and you are making a lot of money off the characters you created and the art etc.

Now I come along and I say... wow this person is making a lot of money on bleach, let me make an mmorpg from it. It won't cost moeny it will be free to play. All of a sudden you get angry at me because your income decreases since people are now able to play bleach online for free so why would they get themselves some extra packs from you. Also you can't make your own mmorpg because it will take you work and time=money.

If you make something you want to know what happens to it
respect what others want to do. Also I gave a link on another forum that answers these questions......

EDIT:Found it
http://www.sloperama.com/advice/faq61.htm
visit this for Q and A on IP.....
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 12, 01:44:42 PM by Gabzox »
Project: Fantasy Technology is currently looking for developers.

http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1682.0.html