HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: How to make a simple scrollable chat window  (Read 53087 times)

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a simple scrollable chat window
« Reply #45 on: Jan 22, 12, 01:46:19 AM »

wow, Thank you.. ::)

Not sure if you are being serious. But, you're welcome

madz370@hotmail.com

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 12, 08:29:48 AM »

So I have made my own ChatHandler method along with all the others except for the InputCommand which is still the same..

I have allready managed the Client side Game system Node, and switched around E_ChatHandler with Game_ChatHandler which is my own prefix and script and class. I'm getting some errors though with the

method OpenChatInput(command as Boolean) - followed by this error messag: Signature not found

method GetChatWindow(): Signature not found.

Anyone have a clue what this might mean I belive this follow up to the next error im getting

is "Chat"
     $Chat.OpenChatInput(false)
   is "SlashChat"
     $Chat.OpenChatInput(true)

and im guessing these are following the method OpenChatInput(command as Boolean), which isnt compiling right.

Any hints?

madz370@hotmail.com

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 12, 08:47:58 AM »

Not sure if i was supposed to do this.. Anyway I just wiped the signatures old meaning.. or something like that. Atleast i got a GUI that showed me an option to do that and it compiled fine now im just worried how things will turn out :P

AWW_boss

• General Accounts
  • gdfgd
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 12, 02:14:03 PM »

Got this when tried to log on:

20:28:54: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found
20:28:54: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found
01/31/2012 20:28:52
Call trace:
  Script E_playerAccountClassMethods line 49 me[9223372055766664323]
  Script _playerAccountClassMethods line 21 me[9223372055766664323]

the problem is in this line of E_playerAccount:

chatWindow.build = true

NVM. found what the problem was:

was casting to a wrong type this:
        chatWindow as NodeRef of Class E_ChatWindow = FindGUIControlByName( None, "TMP_ChatWindow" )

instead of this:
        chatWindow as NodeRef of Class TMP_ChatWindow = FindGUIControlByName( None, "TMP_ChatWindow" )

i

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 12, 02:48:59 PM by per_plexed »

Tezkaz

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Feb 03, 12, 06:54:46 AM »

Hello everyone,

I followed this tutorial step by step & at the end, when I log on, I get this :

In the console you can see these errors :

Code: [Select]
21:58:41: SYSTEM:System:test 3 (9223372055927831978) activate
21:58:43: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: TEMP_ChatWindow
21:58:43: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: Exception DefinitionNotFoundException in function 'createNodeFromPrototype' definition not found: TEMP_ChatWindow
02/02/2012 21:58:47
Call trace:
  Script E_playerAccountClassMethods line 48 me[9223372055763831974]
  Script _playerAccountClassMethods line 21 me[9223372055763831974]
starting method/function _ONREPLICATIONNODEADDED
starting me[id=9223372055763831974 class=E_playerAccount]
21:58:43: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found
21:58:43: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: GOM::getVariableReferenceFromNode (10757): requested node ID (0) not found
02/02/2012 21:58:47
Call trace:
  Script _playerAccountClassMethods line 63 me[9223372055763831974]
starting method/function _ONREPLICATIONGROUPADDED
starting me[id=9223372055763831974 class=E_playerAccount]
21:58:43: System:SCRIPT[E_ExperienceBarClassMethods]:xp: 20
21:58:43: System:SCRIPT[E_ExperienceBarClassMethods]:last: 0
21:58:43: !ERROR!HeroScript::HeroMachine::ScriptError:GOM::setPropertyOnNode (11133): requested node ID (0) not found while setting node property "Behave"
21:58:43: !ERROR!System:SCRIPT ERROR: GOM::setPropertyOnNode (11133): requested node ID (0) not found while setting node property "Behave"

I try to learn HSL & my programming skills are "not that great"... So, if you could help me, I'ld appreciate it a lot.

Thank you very much & sorry for my english (I'm french so... =) )

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #50 on: Feb 03, 12, 07:53:46 AM »

Looks like it can't find your TEMP_ChatWindow protoype
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art

Tezkaz

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Feb 03, 12, 12:52:39 PM »

Looks like it can't find your TEMP_ChatWindow protoype

Yes, it was that simple, I must have forgotten to generate the XML file at the beginning...

Anyway, thank you for answering me.

elchettoloco

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Feb 05, 12, 07:37:58 PM »

I have a slight issue that is related to this tutorial, but by no means your fault :)

When opening the "E_ChatInputBoxClassMethods" client script I get a blank page.  I was just going to retype the script the way you have it but I can't even type in it.

???

Anyone else having an issue like this?  This has happened before, but I would just normally restart blade and it works but not this time.

Thanks

madz370@hotmail.com

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Feb 05, 12, 08:00:03 PM »

This is usually due to load issues, I get this on my laptop, which runs on lesser hardware. Anyway just wait for it to load.. if not restart the HSL editor and see if that works.. If it was indeed empty you wouldnt have a working chat where you could type things in. If you do have that then there is nothing wrong.

Anyway just take the content here and write it in your own script its pretty similar to what the E script is allready and you need to replace them anyway.. But its one hell of a job :P

elchettoloco

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Feb 05, 12, 08:38:52 PM »

Thanks Madz,

Its working now.  Lol now just to get the chat window to become visible.  Haha

Thanks

Alrighty!  Seems that I didn't add the prototype(noob move).  Once I saved and added it I had to restart blade but it has been working fine ever since!

Thanks Jrome for the awsome tut!
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 12, 09:53:41 PM by elchettoloco »

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Feb 05, 12, 10:14:32 PM »

Thanks Madz,

Its working now.  Lol now just to get the chat window to become visible.  Haha

Thanks

Alrighty!  Seems that I didn't add the prototype(noob move).  Once I saved and added it I had to restart blade but it has been working fine ever since!

Thanks Jrome for the awsome tut!

No problem. Anything to help the community, as long as it is within my limited knowledge.
I would like to do more. But, I can't think of anything right now.

elchettoloco

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Feb 06, 12, 07:39:15 PM »

No problem. Anything to help the community, as long as it is within my limited knowledge.
I would like to do more. But, I can't think of anything right now.

Well I am having a bit of an issue with my reply command.  The text that tells you the format of it works but the reply itself isn't getting to the recieving player :/

and grouping as well.  I am starting to finally get my arms around this but just keep running into little stuff thats slowing me down.

Thanks again  ;)

AGPaul

• General Accounts
  • Aethro Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Feb 23, 12, 10:41:51 AM »

I do not know why but i cant see any text nor can i press the enter key aka 13 to text out a message or open it up for a message to be written.

I dont know what i have done wrong but i have searched throug the scripts to look for any mistakes .. but i cant find one.

PS: im a moron thanks for the tut ! no need to help me as i figured out my own flaws...

Yeah one more thing.. how am I supposed to change the chat window color etc. Aka texture. I cant seem to find out how thats handled with this nor the other built in window for the clean engine.

So I decided to finally try out this script (which looks quite easy I thought) but either I haven't had enough coffee this morning or what because I'm now getting the error that madz got which enter isn't working to go into chat XD

Checked inputcommand and it looks right so I'm kinda outta ideas.  Any pointers into the direction that my brain isn't seeing would be appreciated. :)

Jrome90

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Feb 23, 12, 09:26:05 PM »

So I decided to finally try out this script (which looks quite easy I thought) but either I haven't had enough coffee this morning or what because I'm now getting the error that madz got which enter isn't working to go into chat XD

Checked inputcommand and it looks right so I'm kinda outta ideas.  Any pointers into the direction that my brain isn't seeing would be appreciated. :)

What is the error you are getting?

AGPaul

• General Accounts
  • Aethro Gaming
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Feb 23, 12, 11:16:58 PM »

What is the error you are getting?
When i hit enter nothing happens, apparently also hot keys got busted lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8