HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Implementing player payment plans  (Read 2597 times)

Sparkling

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Implementing player payment plans
« on: Jan 07, 12, 02:01:43 AM »

Can someone please point me to the documentation or information about what is allowed and/or already coded in (waiting to be activated perhaps?) for player payment plans? I understand Hero takes a 7% cut, that is not what I am talking about. What I want to know is what type of player payment plans are allowed/pre-designed/expected?

Like is a flat rate subscription plan the ONLY allowable option?

Or can we implement an alternative payment system, such as sliding scale subscription plans, or free-to-play merchandise markets, or a hybrid of any of the above?

Thank you. I have used the search function on the wiki to no avail. I've read through 6 pages of posts on the forums and not found anything about this. Thanks for your help finding it.

God bless you,
-Sparkling
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 09:43:08 PM by HE-Cooper »

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Implementing player payment plans
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 12, 03:45:51 AM »

Idea Fabrik takes 30% as far as I know.

You can use any plan you want, the only rule it that IF takes 30% from every payment. You can even make the game have no payments. You can make a free-to-play game with micro transactions, you can make a subscription based game ... even a subscription-based game with micro transactions. There can be items you can buy from the game's website ... anything. It's your game so you choose the payment model.

Sparkling

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 12, 11:37:11 AM »

OK so where is the document that describes how we hook into the payment interface so we can create our payment plan?

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 12, 11:51:22 AM »

My guess is you will be most probably able to do that once your game is at least in beta state.

Sparkling

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 12, 12:00:31 PM »

That is what I was guessing as well. I would just like to know where the documentation is that will help us know the specifics of what is required and how to prepare for that. When designing a game, we kind of need to know where we are going so we can build a good foundation at the start.  I have about 300 pages of design documents and I need to know if we have to alter some of our design as we adapt to this new engine, in order to prepare for billing changes in the end result. I really need specific information. Right now all we have is theories and supposition. I need focus.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 12, 04:54:12 PM »

You won't have access to the billing API until your game moves to production servers. IE beta, or robust alpha. We use Visa Playspan. You can change people anyway you want using any method, in or out of game. Out of game you can set box product or subscription or one time costs, including selling players in game currency or widgets, purchasable by player accounts. In game you can exchange "widgets" for any content in game, have those transactions on the fly, have a store, etc.

We have yet to see or hear about any billing functionality not covered by the out of game account system and the in game billing API.

Sparkling

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 12, 05:21:56 PM »

Thank you Cooper!