HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: 3D-Artist looking for work/team/project  (Read 2840 times)

Malethor

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
3D-Artist looking for work/team/project
« on: Jan 08, 12, 01:57:35 PM »

Not available anymore. Thanks for all messages.

Best regards
Maleth
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 12, 03:42:14 PM by Maleth »
The Repopulation Dev - 3D Artist

RicoTheMad

• General Accounts
  • Project Lead/Software Developer
    • View Profile
Re: 3D-Artist looking for work/team/project
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 12, 12:28:22 PM »

Hey there Maleth,

I am actually waiting for my server to be configured but once it is, I will definitely be looking for talent to join the team.

About the project:

I am still in the process on drafting up the design document for the game, but my initial thoughts on it is that I want a survival MMO where everything is controlled by players. The setting I was considering is post-apocalyptic sci-fi fantasy. So for example, it would be possible that through some genetic mutation, there may be some type of vampires running around, zombies, etc. At the same time, mutations could let people develop superhuman powers, while at the same time mixing everything with technology.

This would let us create a dark gritty world, based on survival of the fittest. The main idea I have running through my head at the moment is having the world be entirely player run. Players should be able to build cities, form alliances, craft their own equipment, starts wars, destroy enemy cities, hire guards, etc.

Essentially there are no real factions. I'd like players to form groups and alliances at whim, no matter their race/class. This allows for spying, scheming, takeovers, and overall a living breathing world.

The idea is for endgame to be focused on world conflict and the constant search for more resources and power. The only way to get new gear is to capture mines/resources in the world, which will be held by other players. Razing an enemy city will allow you to plunder their resources, and destroy their base of operations.

Of course, for this type of game to work, there will need to be open PvP and full loot mechanics, but we'll have to carefully think about those mechanics as the game is developed to make sure they are not too frustrating/unbalanced/unforgiving.

About me:

I work as a professional programmer/developer, with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I know several different programming languages, database programming, web programming, and game programming. I have developed mods since I was young, starting with Quake.

I have also successfully released a Total Conversion for Max Payne 2 titled "Hall of Mirrors", a game based on the movie Equilibrium. The mod was heavily recognized in the community, and has been featured in many major gaming publications such as PCGamer, who interviewed me, and other PC gaming magazines. To this day the mod has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times (at least that I know of, it has also been distributed by other people, since its free). 

We will quite likely have a good set of programmers on our team, which a lot of teams probably lack here. I myself will be invested heavily in the project and code (I am not an armchair "leader" I am a team member as well and have my own work to contribute). I have several friends who are also developers with varying levels of game development experience. I am also connected to several game developers in the industry, from concept artists at Blizzard, to former team members working at Gearbox.

Below, you may find the Hall of Mirrors website. To note the level my commitment further, also let me mention that I learned how to animate in order to complete the project. I created all of the combat animations myself since I could not find anyone in the community to help out at the time.

Hall of Mirrors Mod website (this site is very old by the way, don't judge! It was put together in a few spare minutes when I was in college)

Please contact me here if you are interested, or PM me. We can discuss things further then.

Malethor

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 12, 12:14:22 AM »

Thanks for your reply Rico but I am not interested because your project is still in a sketch phase what I dont want.

I have updated my images with wireframe + poly/tri count and added image 6 where you can see 4 animals (untextured) with only poly/tri count.

Best regards
Maleth
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 12, 12:21:18 AM by Maleth »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 12, 02:09:23 AM »

Do you Rig and/or Animate in Autodesk Maya?

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 12, 02:28:34 AM »

Maleth: I have sent you a couple private messages.

Gabzox

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 12, 07:22:55 PM »

Feel free to check my project http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1682.0.html

It is a game that is going to be pvp oriented and it will be a little more sandbox style.
Project: Fantasy Technology is currently looking for developers.

http://community.heroengine.com/forums/index.php/topic,1682.0.html

Malethor

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 12, 03:14:49 AM »

Thanks for all posts. I have got several messages via pm and mail and will decide in the coming days.

Best regards
Maleth