HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: System Requirements: Laptop  (Read 1962 times)

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
System Requirements: Laptop
« on: Jan 20, 12, 02:13:16 PM »

Hey guys I'm looking to buy a newer laptop and was wondering if the laptops with the AMD A8 Series of processors that have the integrate Radeon™ HD 6620G built in but shares the system memory is ok to use with Hero Blade?

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
Re: System Requirements: Laptop
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 12, 04:20:47 PM »

hmm no one knows the answer if the current AMD A series of APU will work with Hero Engine ?

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 12, 09:10:41 PM »

If I had to guess, it's probably just down to no one having an AMD-based laptop.

While we won't make technical recommendations, as I said previously, based on the specs there's "technically" (ie.: objective; not engineering) reason it won't work.

If you checkout the laptop review sites, I'm sure they will discuss the aforesaid's performance, features, and issues are similar to commodity Intel GPU components.

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

JoshHalls

• Founding Professional
    • View Profile
    • The Repopulation
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 12, 09:34:06 PM »

I haven't had a chance to place with the new APU chips (desktop or laptop).   The whole idea is they are suppose to be quite a bit more powerful so they should work out quite a bit better than a standard intel GPU.  They still use shared RAM I believe though, might be the big issue.  I don't know exactly how all the "integrated" video cards in laptops interface memory.
Co-Owner/Programmer - The Repopulation

runningbird

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Runningbird Studios
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 12, 10:34:51 PM »

That's cool thanks for the replies I will probably just go with a dual core and a discrete video card then.