HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best mmorpg needs programmers, and modelers  (Read 4540 times)

adventure

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Best mmorpg needs programmers, and modelers
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 12, 11:01:10 PM »

Preface
Welcome to the world of Chrona. You are an adventurer (no mining, farming, etc.) that is how you survive.

Story
On the world of Chrona exist four races:

Terran - The descendants of space explorers from earth.
Lyo - A reptillian race native to the southern continents.
Roween - A tiny feline race with very high intellect. This race alone is responsible for the massive technological
advancements of the planet.
Nasarian - Gargantuan yeti race to the frozen norths.

The story begins several generations after the first Terrans crash land on the planet. With the newly added race
the balance of resources have shifted greatly, now land is fought over for control of the resources.

Factions.

There are three factions.

Alliance  - The allience of the Terran and Roween (No one ever expects the little guy to be evil)
The Alliance hopes consolodate the world under their rule. The Terrans to reclaim their lost
power, and the Roween to have supreme authority.

Rebellion - The Rebellion consists of the Lyo and the Nasari. They are fighting to defend
their home land.

Neutral - Neutral.

Your starting race will choose your allience, however you can choose at anytime to change
your alliegence.

Now time to start your quest.....

World

The world is an alien planet Chrona. The enviroment is similar to earth, however there are
far more dangerous. The technology is similar to earth style steam punk.

Gameplay

Action RPG style gameplay.

Classes

CLASSIFIED

Honestly this is the main hook of my game. All you need to know that this is a game where
you can finally acheieve true customazation.

adventure

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 12, 11:03:18 PM »

My guess is WoW-copy.

Not even close. I honestly never played WoW, I have seen people play it.
If i had to relate this game to anything it would be:

Ragnarok online + Devil May Cry + League of legends+Monster Hunter
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 12, 11:55:55 PM by adventure »

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
  • WoE Online Project Manager
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 12, 11:24:54 PM »

You should check out my project some time :)

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 12, 11:45:45 PM »

Gameplay

Classes

CLASSIFIED

Honestly this is the main hook of my game. All you need to know that this is a game where

Everything before it is just story. Are you writing a book or making a game? When describing your game to other developers, leave out the novella. You mention nothing about game mechanics or systems. What features set your game apart from other games of the same genre. How will your game push HeroEngine's capabilities. Is your game PvP centric or is it more for the casual player? Is it a theme park or sandbox? Is it class driven or skill driven? Does your game have a player driven economy with in depth crafting? These are the things you should be describing about your game.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art

adventure

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 12, 11:53:27 PM »

A good story drives any game.

Features/Implements

AMMORPG

PvE

Pvp (Arena)

Guilds

Clans

Guild V Guild

Territory wars

Action Combat system

Specialty questing based on profession.

Skill/Class driven (Once again cant explain to far)
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 12, 12:07:35 AM by adventure »

adventure

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 12, 12:02:14 AM »

Gameplay

Classes

CLASSIFIED

A good story drives any game. If the player doesn't feel plunged into the world, then they have no obligation to play it. People can talk all day about implements, systems, and features, but it means nothing if the world the players lives in is boring. Things need to constanly happen. :)

Everything before it is just story. Are you writing a book or making a game? When describing your game to other developers, leave out the novella. You mention nothing about game mechanics or systems. What features set your game apart from other games of the same genre. How will your game push HeroEngine's capabilities. Is your game PvP centric or is it more for the casual player? Is it a theme park or sandbox? Is it class driven or skill driven? Does your game have a player driven economy with in depth crafting? These are the things you should be describing about your game.

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 12, 12:21:20 AM »

okay so you pretty much just listed a story that has already been used and everything else has already been done...I am still not seeing best mmorpg

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 12, 05:28:41 AM »

Why do you think no one had the same idea as well? It's not only about ideas, but also about implementation of those ideas. I great idea with a poor implementation is bad.

Don't be afraid of people stealing your ideas. Years ago I had an idea for a class system that 4 years later actually uses Rift. And how is that possible? Well someone from their team obviously had the same or similar idea as I did years ago and decided it was worth a try. I never published anything regarding my idea, so there was no way to steal it ... and yet when I saw videos from Rift showing their class system I was very surprised to see something I knew so well. I just want to say that your ideas most likely aren't even unique ... you're not the first one and not the last one to think of them.

I've been very curious as to what you're doing.   I see all of your tutorials, but no project for you!

Don't worry, I will post something about my project soon enough. There is no post of me looking for people to join the project as I am not looking for anyone to join.

adventure

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 12, 07:35:24 AM »

okay so you pretty much just listed a story that has already been used and everything else has already been done...I am still not seeing best mmorpg

Every story has already been done, originality is how you do it differenet...

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 12, 07:36:12 AM »

Every story has already been done, originality is how you do it differenet...

Well I can only partially agree.
Every story has elements that have existed or will exist in some other game.

Kilarai

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 12, 02:16:46 PM »

A Lot of people seem to think that a WoW-Clone is the proper choice but as a designer who has around a decade of market research, I must argue this point.

I should start using that, "Market Research"..  Been playing games for a decade.

WoE-Byron

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Carbon Studios
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 12, 12:53:31 AM »

A Lot of people seem to think that a WoW-Clone is the proper choice but as a designer who has around a decade of market research, I must argue this point.

I should start using that, "Market Research"..  Been playing games for a decade.

Knowing what makes the top games successful can help you design a better game yourself.

demonseedgfx

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 12, 09:16:18 AM »

I have a cunning plan!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]