HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Select and Rotate  (Read 1623 times)

Greegan

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]Select and Rotate
« on: Jan 20, 12, 06:02:29 AM »

Select and Rotate

Hotkey: 4
Enters Select and Rotate Mode.
Select and Rotate Mode is similar to Select Mode, with the addition of a three-dimensional movement handle or Gizmo three semicircular arcs corresponding to X, Y, and Z axes of rotation. Clicking on an arc allows the selected object(s) to be rotated along that one movement access via dragging.
Clicking the "Switch Between World Space and Local Space for objects" button changes the orientation of the movement handle. In "World Space" mode, the handle is oriented parallel to the world's plane. In "Local Space" mode, the handle is oriented along the object itself

I select my tiles imported and Itry to turn it but dont work...why?
« Last Edit: Jan 30, 12, 04:43:48 AM by Greegan »
Impossible is nothing!

COOLTYCHO

• General Accounts
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/cooltycho/
    • View Profile
Re: Select and Rotate
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 12, 06:59:17 AM »

What exactly are you trying to rotate? Objects such as models and terrain planes can be rotated easy enough, therefore i'm assuming you're trying to rotate a terrain's texture. There's two ways to achieve this, you can rotate the plane the texture is on, or flip the texture image itself in a graphics editing program and re-upload it to your server. A screenshot would help me understand what exactly the issue is  ???

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 12, 07:02:21 AM »

Can you rotate heightmaps? I'm not infront of the blade, but I suspect bad things would happen if you could rotate heightmaps.

Greegan

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 12, 08:02:14 AM »

yeah, is possible to rotate my tiles=heigthmaps imported?
Impossible is nothing!

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 12, 08:46:17 AM »

You shouldn't be able to rotate heightmaps. I don't even understand why you would want to do that.

Greegan

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 12, 09:02:46 AM »

You shouldn't be able to rotate heightmaps. I don't even understand why you would want to do that.

I have generated heightmaps with world machine and now i want to use only few tiles=heightmaps.
I just imported the tiles that interest me and now I have to rotate some tiles to make them fit.
My question is: "I can do this with this tool engine 3D?"

Thank you.
Impossible is nothing!

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 12, 09:12:01 AM »

No, you cannot rotate heightmaps. Why don't you rotate them in world machine and export them that way?

Greegan

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 12, 04:52:15 AM »

Thank you all answer!

@Cooper: It is possible to integrate in the future, the option of tuen heightmaps that are imported from external programs? for example: terragen or world machine.

@Cooper: Is really frustrating to be able to align heightmaps with "Edit  offset," you can create guides to improve this?

I think about your engine is very great, but I think if it were possible to implement those two things would be great!

Best regards,
Greegan
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 12, 05:09:01 AM by Greegan »
Impossible is nothing!

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 12, 07:28:36 AM »

You won't be able to rotate heightmaps, far too many dangerous things are at play in an engine that is live connected to the server and the pathmap and physics server.

We have external functions for editing seamless offsets, though we are currently exploring how to improve seamless usability for the 1.80 major release.