HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Flashing Textures  (Read 2165 times)

PHG_Lee

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Flashing Textures
« on: Jan 28, 12, 06:28:13 AM »

I did a search and came up with some solutions, yet I am down to one error. I looked in my console log of heroblade and thie was the error. I consider myself closer to novice in max. Maya I just stink, however this error is getting thrown when using max. So, I guess I can say I am asking what I need to do to get rid of this error.

I have tripled checked my paths and even went through the kind persons post located here in the forum

07:10:20: !ERROR!System:[\staticassets\buildings\shanty_1.hgm] GrannyAssetSpec unknown Property: MapChannel:1 = uvset1
07:10:20: !ERROR!System:[\staticassets\buildings\shanty_1.hgm] GrannyAssetSpec unknown Property: MapChannel:2 = uvset2
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 02:13:41 PM by HE-Cooper »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Flashing Textures
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 12, 08:58:09 AM »

I am a kind person, whoopiej!

uvsets -> Did you save a .uv or something along those lines in 3DS MAX and are using those?

PHG_Lee

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 12, 09:50:03 AM »

Actually this is a part of a pack I bought a long time ago from Arteria 3d. So I am not sure on what all was saved. Although I do notice that when i put a VW map there map channel 1 is blank, and map channel 2 has the appropriate map.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 12, 10:22:02 AM »

I do have some time lateron this evening, so I could check your screen out for any problems that may arise from your usage of MAX, if you like to?

Feel free to add me to Skype: d.gijzen

PHG_Lee

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 12, 01:14:24 PM »

Added, mine is pyxishost

Mirific

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 12, 05:35:21 PM »

Did you get this solved?
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 12, 01:57:11 PM by Mirific »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 12, 04:06:51 AM »

Well, since I now know where the models came from (I won't say any names... but my God... Steve, you are terrible), we knew where the problems came from, yes.

The textures were roughly 12MB big, and heavily oversized (1024 upwards for a simple building? COME ON?!). In addition, his meshes weren't attached to each other, resulting into at least, in a specific case, to 20+ drawcalls, each having 12MB of textures.

My final advice to the models that he bought from that place:

-> Optimize the meshes heavily, and remove those polys that are not used/not seen
-> Optimize the textures (12MB PER TEXTURE?!)

-> When modelling a complete city, and if you want to export it as a whole, while it uses only a few textures, my advice is that you do NOT use "Group" in 3DS MAX, but that you use "Attach" ("Attach List" for the lazy people like me and select all, while having the base object selected), which results into significantly less drawcalls.

Modelling is more complex than programming on some parts of it!

Mirific

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 12, 08:36:46 AM »

07:10:20: !ERROR!System:[\staticassets\buildings\shanty_1.hgm] GrannyAssetSpec unknown Property: MapChannel:1 = uvset1

« Last Edit: Feb 05, 12, 01:55:31 PM by Mirific »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 12, 11:21:47 AM »

Did attaching them solve the error messages you were getting?

No.

Mirific

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 12, 01:24:51 PM »

:)
« Last Edit: Feb 05, 12, 01:56:21 PM by Mirific »

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 12, 02:41:22 PM »

Well, since I now know where the models came from (I won't say any names... but my God... Steve, you are terrible), we knew where the problems came from, yes.

The textures were roughly 12MB big, and heavily oversized (1024 upwards for a simple building? COME ON?!). In addition, his meshes weren't attached to each other, resulting into at least, in a specific case, to 20+ drawcalls, each having 12MB of textures.

My final advice to the models that he bought from that place:

-> Optimize the meshes heavily, and remove those polys that are not used/not seen
-> Optimize the textures (12MB PER TEXTURE?!)

-> When modelling a complete city, and if you want to export it as a whole, while it uses only a few textures, my advice is that you do NOT use "Group" in 3DS MAX, but that you use "Attach" ("Attach List" for the lazy people like me and select all, while having the base object selected), which results into significantly less drawcalls.

Modelling is more complex than programming on some parts of it!

Haha, gotta love Arteria :)