HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved]How hard would be to start a project without experienced programmists?  (Read 2097 times)

Jogobogos

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Hello,

I would like to ask you guys, how hard is that engine to use for content creators without support from experienced programmists.
I just want to know if there are already scripted parts of game which can be used at first weeks just to put done content into game and make it work? And than "rescript" them to fit into game system?
Also, how does adding quests work over there?

Thanks for answering those noob questions.

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 12, 09:35:02 PM by HE-Cooper »

RicoTheMad

• General Accounts
  • Project Lead/Software Developer
    • View Profile

You can get some assets into the engine without a programmer, but I wouldn't recommend it. You're probably better off joining another team since programmers are crucial in game development.

HeroCloud comes with basic things built in, but they are not really enough to make a game without a programmer.

Also, the base HeroCloud world does not come with quests built in, nor a system to create them.

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

The harsh truth: You're going to be hard pressed to create a game worth playing without some competent programmers.

Jogobogos

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

The thing is about we have whole concept (models,animations,story,desing doc, everyting) done at another engine, which we had to switch. And now we are choosing which engine should we use, but the main problem is we are lacking of programmists.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile

You could get all of your models and animations in game, and build worlds to show them off. Though you would still need a relatively technical artist. Then after you built some great looking areas use them to recruit engineers. But alas, while I'd like to say differently, without programmers you will not be able to make any type of a "game".