HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Anyone wanna visit me?  (Read 2020 times)

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Anyone wanna visit me?
« on: Feb 10, 12, 05:34:03 AM »

I only have two people in my world (me and another guy who I never haven't seen online).

I'm sorta understanding how to make a lake and how to make a mountain by farting around with terrain tools. I previously dabbled a little in Second Life with land terraforming and Hero Engine isn't much like that or its more difficult to do. I'm not even sure why my attempt to rotate something didn't work in HE.

So if anyone has the time to give me some advice in world or just come visit, I have spots open.

My ICQ is 105851819 and my skype is morfiction.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Anyone wanna visit me?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 12, 06:39:50 AM »

Mort, the only thing that can be described as easy in our engine is the world building tools. Have you followed the wiki tutorials, or raven's HE for beginners tutorials?

Easy answers:
Click terrain panel, click terrain brushes, click brushes on heightmap.
To rotate an object, open the library, place an object, select the rotate tool, grab the red blue or green bar and slide mouse to rotate the object. You can't rotate terrain.

morfiction

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • My blog.
Re: Anyone wanna visit me?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 12, 07:16:43 AM »

Ah. I tried rotating terrain! :D

EDIT:

I learned how to build a mountain and then I resized the land mass. This caused the mountain to become a long chain of vertical things. So I smooted the land back down flat again. Glad I found out how to do that. I really like how easy it is to add water and get it to be arranged how I need it to be.
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 12, 03:09:15 AM by morfiction »