HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Empire Earth Mmofpsrpg  (Read 3161 times)

Tawaxyon

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Empire Earth Mmofpsrpg
« on: Feb 11, 12, 08:16:22 AM »

Empire Earth Mmo (Will not be the name of the actual finished product, it will just be the name for now, because the game is going to be based around the same concept.)

Positions to be filled:
Texture/GUI Artist
Level Designer/Static Mesh Modeler #1
Character/Creature Modeler
Character/Creature Rigger/Animator
Concept/Illustration Artist #1
Scripting Programmer #1
Scripting Programmer #2
Scripting Programmer #3
Scripting Programmer #4
Musician
Sound Effects Composer

Positions that are filled:
Level Designer/Project Manager

I can be contacted directly via:
Email: Tawaxyon@live.se
Msn: Tawaxyon@live.se

Income and Salary:
This game is going to be F2P with a cashshop, where players can buy things with real money to benefit them in game, whether it be vanity items or maybe double exp something like that. And the money we would earn I would pay the team with, and the amount you get is obviously depending on how much we earn, how much and good you work and what position you are in the team.

I haven't started developing this yet, first I need to establish a team to create this awesome game, I have some nice ideas though.

Game Ideas:
I want it to be a Mmofpsrpg where you start out as a caveman, you mainly use your fist to fight things, kill rabbits and smaller animals, then as you advance in level which is going to be from 1-100 you will be able to train fighting styles and get better weapons, so at lvl 2 might be able to use a rock or a stick to fight with and a lvl 10 could've reached medieval ages and use a sword and plate armor, and then you will just have to use your imagination, maybe at lvl 25 it will be cowboy age and you will have horses and primitive guns and at 40 might be modern ages with ACR 6.8 and tanks then at lvl 70 you could have laser guns and spaceships and such. (These are just some ideas I'm putting out there and once we have a team ready to start creating the game, we will see what we will do.) I also want it to be fairly realistic, so that you die fairly quickly, I want a lvl 10 to be able to kill a lvl 20 with one or two good hits because a sword will still do the same amount of damage, but It will be very difficult as a 20 probably has a gun and can shoot you down with one shot. But.. In later levels you will maybe get some energy field shield, which can protect you and make you maybe even invulnerable to almost all primitive weapons.

To apply:
Post down below in this thread about your desired position, experience and some basic information about you.
Then If I think you can benefit the team, I will get in touch with you.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 12, 05:18:43 AM by Tawaxyon »

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Earth Mmofpsrpg
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 12, 02:56:47 PM »

If it's just a Code Name it doesn't really matter does it? He said that it wasn't going to be the name of the final game! I'm asking just because I have used names of other games in the past just as a placeholder until I could think of my own game...

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 12, 03:10:48 PM »

you would think that even announcing a game as a code name to another game is copyright infringement without the expressed consent by the owners

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 12, 05:56:59 PM »

Ok, everyone be nice.

IANAL, but the reality is that you could call your project just about whatever you want (within reason) as long it's not profane or vulgar.  This isn't just true for us, but for anything.

The reality is: until you get to the point of being successful (read: money) and garnering actual attention, no one's going to come after you because there's no money to extract from you.

However, as I made the point in another thread, if you are saying, "I'm going to do a 100% Star Wars game" then you should really stop and consider doing a game inspired by but not actually copying the look of Star Wars because if you are successful then their lawyers could drop out of hyperspace and that leaves you where?

Cheers
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 12, 05:59:56 PM by HE-HERB »
herb marselas
graphics guy

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 12, 09:16:03 AM »

As I had a couple of PM's, I wanted to followup in general ...

First of all, yes, I know what the Empire Earth RTS is because a friend of mine named Rick Goodman made it. And, I used to make little RTS games called Age of Empires and Age of Mythology, so I'm sort of familiar with those kind of games.

Now, the more important thing is that when you as a creator go into a meeting (or forum thread) to pitch your idea to potential team members or investors or publishers, it is actually very important to be able to quickly articulate what the heck you're talking about.

When Tawaxyon said, "It's an Empire Earth MMO", a number of people could immediately go, "A ha!  I understand what that means!" because you had a shared information context.

If he'd used some obscure name, he'd spend the next two hours trying to explain what he meant.

It's the same issue when you sit down with an investor or publisher.

1. Either don't use an obscure name

2. Or, if you use an obscure name, have a 5 word description that uses what everyone knows

3. Or, tell them you're using a codename based on a product everyone understands

There are lots of examples of all three of these like:

- Doom (not an obscure name)

- Age of Empires (It was pitched as: Civilization meets Warcraft)

- Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (off the cuff I would pitch it as: Diablo meets Halo in Might & Magic mythos)

- The Micronauts Movie (which they're pitching as, "it's going to be like Star Wars with Baron Karza")

- World of WarCraft (again, I would tell an investor: Warcraft mythos + Warhammer visuals + Everquest)

So, again.  As I've now said numerous times: be inspired by others, but do your own thing.  But, don't worry that much about naming (cause if you're successful marketing will make you change it), and avoid the issues by saying, "Game Blah: it's x with y" or "inspired by z"

I hope that helps clarify things

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy