HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Rise of Heroes: Online  (Read 4223 times)

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Rise of Heroes: Online
« on: Feb 12, 12, 02:21:14 PM »

Rise of Heroes: Online is a MMORPG Virtual World. My Overall goal is to create a Virtual World where the players can live and play in a ever changing, Dynamic environment. I would like to see RoH push the bounds of current MMOs in the areas of Naturally Evolving Story, Content, and NPCs. I am personally tired of going into a town and ALWAYS seeing the same old NPCs and Content. I want a Game where the NPCs Evolve along with the players. NPCs that have wants, desires, needs, and memory is the Ultimate goal of RoH.

To start with however I am starting out small and working up. My Goal with the First version of RoH is to create a Fun small scale Theme Park MMO. It will be largely PvM with PvP Battle Grounds and will use Questing to drive the story line (Think WoW).

Through Constant updates we will expand PvP and will open up some new continents geared toward PvP and Guild based Game play mechanics that will be added post Launch.

At the moment I am working on a basic Quest Framework which will be expanded and improved upon as new systems are brought online. So far we have the ability to create Kill and Dialog based Quests and I am working on a small quest Prototype which will contain roughly 10 to 20 minutes worth of content.

At this time I am NOT looking to form a team per say but I am looking for a few people who would be willing to help out with testing Quests and other Game Features. If your interested please leave a message in this thread! Thanks!

Here is a Video showing the Prototype area:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUaaaC0J9c

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Heroes: Online
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 12, 08:36:45 AM »

EDIT: Removed Screenshots
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 12, 10:31:18 AM by James_Proctor »

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 12, 08:29:00 PM »

Got my hands on ALL of Arteria3D's Model and Character Packs... New Screenshots forthcoming!

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 12, 12:48:58 PM »

Slowly getting the models exported and uploaded into Hero.

Here is the first shot of my City test environment:

Note: The Character is still the Default Hero Character. However the Buildings are my own models!

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 12, 01:08:47 PM »

I believe your progress is to go in another thread and not the recruitment thread

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 12, 02:06:31 PM »

Yes but it's a whole lot easier to get people interested in your project if you post screenshots from your game. If people can see the progress your making they would be more likely to want to join your team and help you out!

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 12, 01:23:48 PM »

I would like to add World Builders to the list of People I am looking for! I enjoy World Building however I need to focus on Programming for the Prototype and Leave World Building up to some one else. Here is a look at the initial sketch for the Starting areas for the Prototype:

piluve

• Developer
  • Spain Development
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 12, 03:16:15 PM »

Hello!

Iīm interested in your project , I donīt now if youīre searching  people at the moment or no.

regards.

GM_James

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 12, 12:24:47 PM »

In my 7+ years working on RoH (Rise of Heroes) I have had a few different ideas that I wanted to explore in RoH. There's been 1 reoccurring idea that I have had which is what I have decided I am going to go with...

My ALL time favorite RTS is Empire Earth. I always enjoyed advancing my Civ. through the different ages and obtaining new technology as I went. I am going to take some of those ideas from Empire Earth and make them into a MMO.

Features:

Sandbox - No NPCs, Quests, ect

Open World PvP - Every where you go you will run the risk of being attacked and killed. Death is going to mean something more then losing just a few stats.

Advanced Crafting System - All items in game will be created, sold, bought, harvested, ect by players.

Nations (Guilds): Players will create and join Nations. Nations will start out at a technological level of a Prehistoric  Civilization and advance through research, collection, combat, trading, ect up through to the Nano Age. Each age will consist of 10 levels. At Launch there will only be a couple of the ages available.

Non-Nation Game Play: For those players who would rather stay neutral They can trade between nations and do other sorts of jobs for nations.

Global Combat - Players/Nations will fight over land and resources. New Islands will be added which will provide players with new challenges.

Realistic Weather and Seasonal Changes - Weather and the seasons will have an effect on how the nations expand and gather resources. Food will need to be harvested/Hunted and the Seasonal Changes will effect how and where Food can be found.