HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Starlit Media Studios - A fresh indie development team!  (Read 2654 times)

StarlitForum

• General Accounts
    • View Profile

Hello Hero Engine Forums!

My name is Matthew Fulk, founder of Starlit Media Studios. We are a small development team currently dropping game modification (our initial team's agenda) to work on a complete game project. The members of the team are low at the moment as many wanted to continue working in the game modification scene rather than dedicate themselves to a full-time MMO project.

Our project name is going by the alias "Starlit Moon" as of now, the actual launch title is currently undecided (may stick with Starlit Moon at release, but it is not set in stone). More details on the project will either be edited into this post, or possibly in the recruitment forum (see teaser list below for a couple features planned in the design documentation).

My personal experience include scripting (javascript, basic, and a little c++), world/map creation (WCIII Map editor, 3D World Studio, UnrealEd), basic modelling (3DSMax, GMax, Blender), and story writing (windows notepad...lol...seriously though, OpenOffice.org).

Current features to be implemented for the project I am willing to release as of now:
  • Capital Cities are faction controlled (PvP/PvE system...yes...both will be involved in capturing a city)
  • Breaking the mold from 2 factions (reality has more than 2 sides of the story!)
  • Fantasy based world
  • Branched class/job advancement

I really dont want to go into more details until further development milestones are reached (we have just applied for a Hero Cloud liscense today and awaiting the server setup). I look forward to any comments, criticism (please keep it constructive and proffesional), or any thoughts in general on the project. I also look forward to settling in the community here on the forums and hope I can offer advice wherever possible :)

- Matt (Founder, Starlit Media Studios)

Ruarch

• World Owners
    • View Profile
Re: Starlit Media Studios - A fresh indie development team!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 12, 07:08:19 PM »

Welcome to the HE world

StarlitForum

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 12, 10:13:04 AM »

Thank you very much, we look forward to getting our feet wet and getting rid of this ugly realm crafter engine lol

LastJudge

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 12, 10:31:54 AM »

lol, another realm crafter guy :P

welcome to HeroEngine :)

StarlitForum

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 12, 10:44:22 AM »

lol, another realm crafter guy :P

Not surprised to hear others are dropping the engine for this, I took a dive into the wiki before signing up. This seems it will be a much better solution for our low funding then RC.

edit - grammatical error

Chromehound

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 12, 12:59:52 PM »

I was a citizen and even mayor at one point of Starlit City in SWG (Wanderhome).

Not that it has anything to do with your company, but gave me a chuckle ;)   Welcome!