HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] World Machine  (Read 4310 times)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
[Resolved] World Machine
« on: Feb 21, 12, 02:49:46 AM »

Lectori Salutem,

I am considering buying World Machine (http://www.world-machine.com) Professional for my builders, and I am a bit "concerned" about some issues:

1. The exporting works fine according to Cooper (.ter extension -> import -> profit). Is this still the case with the updates and changing environment?
2. What is happening with materials?
3. Is World Machine the "best" world-building solution for HeroEngine?

I literally have 400+ heightmaps on my computer, although when trying to import one into HeroEngine, the Engine starts acting weird when I wanted to do some finishing touches manually on the heightmap: If I use the flatten tool (mind you that I know how to use it PROPERLY), although the tool is on the ground, it raises the terrain up to a ridiculously high level. (Yes, the highest "circle" of the tool is literally ON THE GROUND).

In short: Is World Machine the way to go with HeroEngine, and can it export the materials at the same time, or do I have to re-texture them inside HE?

This was the heightmap:
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 12, 04:26:48 PM by HE-Cooper »

Gothrek

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: World Machine
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 12, 03:25:04 AM »

we buy the pro version and use it in HE, its great.

1) we can use also some plugin for "develop" the world in WM and export the tiles in .r16 (check the forum, i put the compiled r16 import for HE)
2) materials? u must export/import just the heighmap not the materials, u must use your textures in HE
3) i dont know if its the best, but we use it and its great.

This is the Rise of civilizations World http://www.riseofcivilizations.com/img/mapparoc.jpg ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 12, 03:26:40 AM by Gothrek »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: World Machine
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 12, 03:57:37 AM »

I tested the aforementioned with the trial version. I am very pleased about World Machine.

I will just buy the professional version :) it's not expensive anyways. And it saves me the trouble of editing an imported heightmap.

I would really want to know what I did wrong with importing the attached heightmap and using the flatten tool.