HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Hello Hero from Prowler Studios  (Read 2844 times)

Valion310

• World Owner
    • View Profile
    • Expansion:  Rise of Humanity
Hello Hero from Prowler Studios
« on: Mar 02, 12, 09:12:05 AM »

Good morning to the Community,

I thought since I had been posting up a few art related questions, I'd go ahead and introduce myself.

I am CEO of Prowler Aerospace Systems and we are a company that is built to put business beyond Low Earth Orbit as a transporter.  Basically we are building the "wagon train" that will transport business / industry beyond LEO to the Moon, Near Earth Objects, Geosync Satellite altitudes, etc.  More importantly we are pushing to bring the cost of space launch down significantly to be competitive in a growing commercial space market.  We'd like the average person to feel they can make it into space to work, come home, and then go back up for another tour.  This year we'll be making appearances at about 7 air shows, trade shows and expo's to display, market and let aerospace customers fly our initial UAV product and take a look at some of our tactical command and control gear.  Our vehicle engines require no fossil fuel and we are working off some experimental technology and thus far are getting great reviews as a company with our business model and plans.  Our goal is to achieve first sub-orbital flight by 2018 with first orbit of our "shuttle" by 2020.

So what does gaming have to do with this?

As a casual MMORPG gamer I've played SWG, WOW, EVE, dabbled in a few other games and at the moment am playing SWTOR when I can manage to find time.  I also am doing a little personal dabbling in Hero Engine here as the companies art department begins ramping up.  I'm a pilot, engineer, artist, writer and have enough of a software background I have a very basic understanding of scripting.  So I'm taking some time each evening to see what kind of vision I have for this game, at which point I'll pass onto my companies art department and the management there.

In Q4 2012 or Q1 2013 at some point I'm going to authorize about $500,000 to be diverted to the art department to begin the creation of a yet to be titled MMORPG.  We'll be bringing on board an experienced Game Design Executive as well as a few key personnel in fully paid positions who have vast experience.  At which point the real work will begin. 

As our aircraft flight programs move across the calendar and shift into space flight operations.  Our game designers will be working alongside the real engineers, looking out of the window at the flight line watching our aircraft being built and active flight operations.

This game we make will target a customer base to bring a Real Life / Sci-Fantasy MMORPG to the market and give our company a revenue based marketing tool.  We want to put players in the (more action packed) world that we live in as players discover life beyond low earth orbit, and even explore new planets and races.  Here on Earth the world is wrapped in modern day events and story plots putting players both in a combat roles here on Earth, and colony or new planets.  Engineer's build new technology as Human kind begins to explore.  Pilots can be certified to fly helo's, fighters, and that can grow into flying space craft.  The game will have several combat classes as well as a "crafter / engineering" type class with a hybrid skill tree system.  Space itself will be very large, vast.  And the races at launch anyway will not have totally discovered each other giving players fertile ground to explore and meet a new race.  The choices a player makes will have an impact to the world they live in.  A patriotic soldier could turn rogue agent and before he knows it could be hunted by the military, or competing companies ....

The game itself will be something along the lines of a MMORPG Shooter.  There will be at launch 5 races and 3 nationalities of each rach (example: Humans - Americans, Russians, Chinese, EU...)  And races aren't exactly friendly to a fellow nationality ... Will the Americans and Russians work together?  Or will they fight each other for control of vital fuel resources on the Lunar surface?  What epic event will happen to really stir things up? 

Our players will be flying the same horizontal launch systems that our real life pilots and crews will be flying in as well as all of the advanced aircraft out there.  They'll be driving around in vehicles, possibly deploying out of Sub's or doing HALO drops into foreign targets trying to slow the pace at which foreign enemies grow their own space programs.  Or dive into the seedy underworld of espionage, working for various private firms who have economic stakes in space exploration and colonization.

In short, our game will be built to provide a marketing tool to create excitement about our real life business goals.  And while the rest is kept close to the chest right now.  We'll be using part of our game revenue to actually help fund our spacecraft construction giving each player and subscriber a stake in developing human commercial space flight.  And each active subscription will have other perks such as each month paid will go toward a possible space flight, or trip to our facilities to watch a live launch when we get that far along for regular space launches around 2020.

Great to be here.  We look forward to getting to know the community.  And when the art department is diverted funds, more than likely the Hero Cloud folks will get a phone call.  ha ha ...

Good luck to all the dreamers and developers out there!

A little concept art for ya ...

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 12, 10:10:52 AM by Valion310 »
Valion
Game Manager & Director
Prowler Art Studio

"Failure is not an option......"

srachit

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Hero from Prowler Studios
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 12, 01:56:54 PM »

Wow, I must say I am really impressed by your companies targets and by what you'll plan to achieve.
I wish you the best of luck on all your endeveours and hope you'll succeed.
The concept art looks brilliant

katoomm0m0

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 12, 05:54:32 PM »

Wow .. just wow. I love how you combine an MMO and the rest of your business. This is beyond cool.. i can't wait to follow your progress. I wish you and your company the very best of luck!

- Claus
- Claus

Valion310

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 12, 10:17:59 AM »

Great to hear back from some folks.  Ya, we're pretty excited over here too!  Its going to be a great business venture and great method to get the company name, and more importantly the vision out to a bigger audience than just the aerospace community. 

Who knows. maybe in several years Hero Cloud will need have the hardware to data-link to a lunar base so people can play!  What a hell of a revenue stream that would be.
Valion
Game Manager & Director
Prowler Art Studio

Ruarch

• World Owners
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 12, 11:01:47 PM »

Sounds cool. What's your website? I couldn't find it on google

Valion310

• World Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 12, 05:21:06 AM »

www.prowleraerospace.com .... we're not optimized right now, no real need to be.
Valion
Game Manager & Director
Prowler Art Studio