HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Experimental Project Lf 3d artists  (Read 1711 times)

mezhulol

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Experimental Project Lf 3d artists
« on: Mar 03, 12, 06:26:47 PM »

An indie experimental project, currently on the design phase, is looking for intelligent, creative and adaptive artists to collaborate with. Since the budget is restricted, no payment is offered for now.

The project
The project is a short-length atmospheric horror game, with a linear, minimalistic gameplay that involves no combat or conventional interaction but rather encourages the player to simply look around. The story has several layers, it is mainly focused on catharsis and self-punishment while it lacks a distinguished beginning or end. The script is heavily influenced by Dan Pinchbeck and Robert Briscoe's Dear Esther and the work of Richard Linklater. If you like the idea so far, go ahead and send me a PM and I will be most happy to share our GDD with you. As we will be mostly focusing on narrative and plot, rather than visuals, and the game itself takes place at an indoors area that is fairly easy to depict, the development cycle shouldn't be longer than 6-9 months.

The Plan
The plan is to quickly and effectively build a prototype within 3 months, which shall serve as a presentation of the final release. Depending on the result we achieve, this demo will be sent to various investors and funding companies, and if the feedback we get is good we will proceed to a commercial release. We will be partaking in some competitions, most importantly the annual Ennovation, in an attempt to promote the game and team. Additionally, we will be officially mentored by an experienced professor of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki with a master's degree on management. A detailed business plan is under way, but you should feel free to ask me in person for some basic info.

The Team
Team currently consists of me, a student of electrical engineering with a short experience on game development, a talented sound engineer with plenty of work to show and a programmer with over 5 years of industry experience. A very experienced and successful modeller with more than 5 years worth of experience has also promised to assist us with a variety of models to help kickstart the idea! Showcases of our previous works are available, if requested.
There is no default in the team size we are aiming for, however something between 6 to 8 people would be ideal (excluding voice actors). At the moment we are mostly looking for modellers and animators, however feel free to contact us, no matter what your specialization is, if you can see yourself in our group. The default means of communication should be instant messengers (skype preferably), since group won't be so big as to require a forum, at least for now. Nevertheless, we have both a teamspeak server ready to use and, if need be, a forum could be built up in less than an hour. Team meetings will be scheduled according to the team's needs and each member's availability, and will be held at least once every 15 days, after a working core has been formed.

The Recruit
The recruit will be asked to sign an NDA before proceeding to work with the rest of the team. Any work provided will be fully credited. Recruits are more than welcome to take part in the writing process and assist in any other way they would like to. We value any opinion and believe in team spirit and co-operation. Also, dedication and hard work is a must. We are not looking for someone to just create a couple of models, we are looking for people willing to invest time and effort to help us achieve our goal as a team, which is creating a game that will leave an impression to those who try it. If our efforts pay off and we are able to go for a commercial release, the terms of collaboration, including payment, will be discussed anew.

Want to get involved?
If we caught your attention, and you want to either be part of the team or learn more, or even just follow us through development feel free to add me on skype (-snip-) or msn (-snip-). You could also send me an e-mail at the same address.

Hope to hear from you soon!
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 16, 04:34:47 PM by mezhulol »

mezhulol

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental Project Lf 3d artists
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 12, 08:24:19 AM »

Initial post edited to reflect recent changes.