HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Combat of Fantasy  (Read 1302 times)

Master_Mas

• General Accounts
  • Bringing a young crew to the next seat of game dev
    • View Profile
    • Combat of Fantasy
Combat of Fantasy
« on: Mar 07, 12, 12:37:07 AM »

Combat of Fantasy is a MMORPG Medieval Fantasy Game. You kinda know it's a mmo. Anyway, this is bring the next generation of game developers to the mmo board. We plan to build a fun, enjoyable environment young teenagers can hang out together and/or battle away the features of the night. I said features for a reason.

We plan to have two ways of playing.

To conquer the world and bring the best of you out

To just hang with friends, do some group battles together, but just to enjoy, not to conquer.

Anyway let's just say when you spawn in the world for the first time, you enter a place call human life. This is where you start to complete the basic of the game. To move, jump, fight. The quest will try you out, to see what your good at. For example there is a long range, close combat and magic. Depending what you are good at is what the computer leads your future of the game into. So let's just say your good at magic, the server will give you a set of quest to increase your magic style and skills. This will lead on to how you end up in this world. That's a brief overview of the player, quests and class system.

Our world is built on a way of you start in the middle. There is a north, south, east and west. To the north is our beautiful greenlands will nice flowing river systems, large green forests (I, the game director i'm not putting in all the trees for that). The east, the vast snow lands with great frozen lakes, snow castles, and mass amounts of snow. The west holds the long dessert, with the complexing caves which are held below. The south, the toughest area of them all, the Waste Lands. This will have large stone wreak castles, dragons, lava, rock, fire, etc. This is where the classes will have to get over each other and fight together to bring down the ulimate dragon. That's a more in depth view of our map.

I plan to bring a new element of a RPG to an act, using a strong background within fantasy and medieval. Bringing the next generation of game developers on the jorney which we can't turn back on, we plan to bring you, Combat of Fantasy.

I will post updates on this and our website, http://combatoffantasy.hourb.com

Heroengine is a engine that has help my team in planning, building and showing us our pathway as future game developers. (Most of us are only around 15.)

Sam - Lead Director

Combat of Fantasy

Sam

Combat of Fantasy - Lead Director

DarkOm3n

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Drive
Re: Combat of Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 12, 01:24:43 PM »

Good luck on your project, and don't let age be a limiter of your goals. :)

Back in the early days of hobbyist game developers i've seen a lot of good work in unheard of engines like BYOND.
A lot of these people who were 12-13 are now doing amazing things(were doing great stuff too though) and shows what you can do if you keep pushing forward. :)

With this conquest, is it a guild/clan/alliance kinda thing? If multiple people perhaps having the ability to hire out mercenaries with independent affiliation to aid the fights? Would add an aspect for those who don't want to be part of a group || casual players. I see to many games that force you down certain paths. Some games despite being a sandbox have a really linear feel to them.
If all else fails rm -rf /*

Master_Mas

• General Accounts
  • Bringing a young crew to the next seat of game dev
    • View Profile
    • Combat of Fantasy
Re: Combat of Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 12, 09:54:03 PM »

I will take that into account. The paths system we are working on, we have spent the last few days working on systems that allow us to let you have your own path, the computer path or causal path. We are developing huge mind maps (My favourite source of putting ideas in our minds) to help this system to be the best it can be. I big thing that the team believes in is the age limit is not the problem, the imagination in the new game developers coming out is only small. THey copy ideas of the major developers and we are treying to avoid that at all costs.
Sam

Combat of Fantasy - Lead Director