HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Need help removing Placed GUI element  (Read 895 times)

Xeroxrz

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] Need help removing Placed GUI element
« on: Mar 09, 12, 02:27:58 PM »

So yeah, setup the standard chat system. but when i  try to remove it now, using the GUI editor by using GUIXML list (E_Chatwindow) i cant remove it. every time i try to remove it it just stays inplace. and ive tried to  save it still dosent work. please advice
« Last Edit: Nov 02, 12, 09:43:11 PM by HE-Cooper »

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
Re: Need help removing Placed GUI element
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 12, 04:11:12 PM »

You sure the prototype is not created by scripts? You basically remove it, but the script just places it back?

I am having difficulties removing some as well, they keep coming back :s

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 12, 12:36:16 AM »

The gui prototypes are defined based on being in an xml script, so you need to delete the xml code for that control and then commit that, or even just delete that script altogether.  Just doing it via the GUIXML tab will not work because the script still has the code in it.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 12, 01:44:19 PM »

Be aware that some XML scripts can create multiple GUI Control prototypes, so if you delete the script, you may wipe out more than you intend.

I suggest opening the GUI in the Editor and look at the properties panel to see which xml script its built from, then open that xml script and see if there are other control types being built, if not then its safe to delete that script. If there are other control types, then you just want to comment or delete those you want to eliminate.

Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art