HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: Direct3D problem  (Read 895 times)

vista21

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Direct3D problem
« on: Mar 10, 12, 02:03:02 PM »

Just got a Windows 7 - 64bit PC.  Loaded Inchinst, HEROBLADEHC014, and REPOSITORYBROWSERHC014.
Started the editor... I see the editor window layout... then get an error message: Error - Unable to load Direct3D graphic dll.

The first time I tried to open the editor, it also asked for D3DX9_43.dll, so I put that dll into the Windows/System folder, System32 folder, and the SysWOW64 folder...  all to no avail.

Any help is greatly appricated.   :'(

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: Direct3D problem
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 12, 02:24:36 PM »

Manually moving around dlls is really not the recommended solution for any dll related problem in windows. Though A for effort.

Most likely your antivirus or firewall prevented directX from installing correctly. I would recommend disabling them, reinstalling, and then re-enabling them.

vista21

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 12, 02:32:09 PM »

Thank you for the replay.   :)    I'll try that.

Dragontat62

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 12, 05:29:09 PM »

thats didnt help at all he still gets the same error

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 12, 05:34:02 PM »

If you are missing a direct X DLL, I don't really have any other advice unfortunately. The only way to get the dll correctly installed, is to correctly install it. Something is preventing the installation on the local machine. Disable everything that could be preventing an installation. Running with local restricted permissions. Running a firewall. Running antivirus. Having a machine far below minimum spec. Marking files or folders as read only. Out of date video drivers. etc.

But I suspect, since the first attempted fix was to manually move DLLs around to system folders, that there is more than likely other similar voodoo at play on the local machine.

Dragontat62

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 12, 05:51:03 PM »

ok he reinstalled it after removing it completely he doesnt get the error message no more when he opens the  editor it just fades out and dissappears now lol. he has more than enough to run HE all his antivirus and firewalls are off so basicly when he runs the editor it starts then just stops and dissappears

HE-HERB

• HeroEngine
    • View Profile
    • HeroEngine
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 12, 09:03:06 AM »

Send the dxdiag output to support@heroengine.com with information on what the issue is

Start -> dxdiag.exe -> Save All Information

Email the text file you just saved

If there are any errors or warnings when running dxdiag, please include those as well

Cheers
herb marselas
graphics guy

Voarsh

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 17, 12:19:06 PM »

Yes, I am having a similar problem.

I used to run HeroBlade on a much older computer, but for some reason on my Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I am having issues.

I tried what was suggested to no avail. Also, there are no issues from dxdiag.exe that I can see.

McIndus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 17, 01:00:23 AM »

Yes, I am having a similar problem.

I used to run HeroBlade on a much older computer, but for some reason on my Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I am having issues.

I tried what was suggested to no avail. Also, there are no issues from dxdiag.exe that I can see.

Try this: 
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics

And then you should go here and download these drivers, which should fix any missing DLL issue:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109