HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] Per Poly Collision Significant Offset Error! HELP!  (Read 1170 times)

bashBETA

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Galaxy Forge Games

Hello,

I'm importing a model to the heroEngine that is giving me collision issues - I've imported about 3-dozen models to the engine without ever experiencing an issue like this.

Everything appears correctly when I add the asset to my scene - textures, sizing, etc. except the collision seems to be off.

The model has a set of stairs at one end, though when the character runs over them, it just goes through the mesh until about halfway through the mesh when I can see the character collide with where it thinks the staircase is and begin to run up the "stairs". When the character gets to the top of the "stairs" they are still halfway sunken into the mesh.

I have a few reset X form modifiers on the model and I'm wondering if perhaps those are the reason - it seems that the colliders are scaled down to perhaps the original size I had in 3DS Max before scaling up and adding the reset X form mods.

I will go back into back and re-apply the modifiers to see if that fixes the issue and report back what I find, in the meantime any input is appreciated :)
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 12, 03:35:09 PM by HE-Cooper »

Legacy

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: Per Poly Collision Significant Offset Error! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 12, 04:34:50 AM »

Did you reupload the model at any time? I had to delete the .exactmesh and .physx files from the repository manually then restart Blade to refresh the collision meshes...

XCalPro

• General Accounts
  • 3D Artist & HSL Coder
    • View Profile
    • Excalibur Productions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04, 12, 08:03:45 AM »

Try changing the PhyicsShape Property to EXACT_MESH or DEFAULT_SHAPE. Switching between the two may reset the collider shapes.
Tony Oliveira aka XCalPro
HeroEngine Projects: Traveller 6 Online - www.traveller6.com/forum/
Portfolio: www.xcalpro.com/art

bashBETA

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Galaxy Forge Games
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 12, 03:54:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies!

Yeah I usually manually delete things, it seems to clear the data faster rather than overwriting. Although I'm not really sure how all that works.

I re-imported 24 hours later and it was just fine, but if it happens again I know something else to try! :D