HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] NPCs vs. seamless 2.0  (Read 1661 times)

Legacy

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[Resolved] NPCs vs. seamless 2.0
« on: Apr 03, 12, 01:15:56 PM »

Hello,
    I am observing some very strange behavior. I've got two areas, linked together with seamless 2.0 and an NPC (using my custom model but the default /henpc create method) in one of them. So far so good. The NPC is  walking around in one area (default behavior). When I run with my character over the area seam while looking at the NPC, one of the following three situations happens:
    • NPC is still animating but stands on the spot. When I reenter first area he runs to the spot where he should be and continues
    • NPC starts flickering, its movement is dizzy, usually ends up on the spot like in the first case
  • NPC rockets to the sky and disappears somewhere. After I reenter the area he comes back from the sky and continues as usual.

Is this the limitation of Clean Engine scripts or are these some bugs? Thanks
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 12, 08:03:40 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: NPCs vs. seamless 2.0
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 12, 08:34:56 AM »

I don't see this behavior in any or our internal development worlds. But I'd have to ask what the E scripts have setup there. I suspect there is either not replication setup, or they are artifacts of a new bug that does currently exist with seamless where on crossing the border characters are first assigned to the origin of the other area, then snapped back.

Trigger

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 12, 12:23:53 PM »

Did you ever get this fixed Legacy? I am seeing this happen in one of my test areas - I can see the offset is being applied but then the NPC seems to fly over to the wrong position and stop, dissapear or break into a Salsa dance :)

Stadi_Thompson

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 12, 08:50:16 AM »

We have this issue as well with NPCs.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 12, 09:01:31 AM »

This is the brokeness that came about some release ago where awareness is causing NPCs to be teleported to the origin without offset. Will be fixed soon. :-)

Trigger

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 12, 10:08:53 AM »

Ok, thanks mate! few!

I was poking around yesterday with the offset stuff, tried to keep hold of the offset on the ACCController and apply it to any updated positions for the NPC, but that didn't go so well as you can imagine ;)

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 12, 10:30:14 AM »

Oh, and FYI, this is because of a fix/improvement in source code, that actually revealed some default brokeness in HSL, so while we will fix it, after we find where it is, harcore HSL engineers could technically fix it themselves right now, but again, no need to.

DragonFist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 12, 01:52:54 AM »

Any update on this?

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 12, 09:50:01 AM »

It's fixed in script, but we have to wait for a major publish to deploy a script package.