HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [Resolved] I.. Perhaps found a bug?  (Read 790 times)

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
[Resolved] I.. Perhaps found a bug?
« on: Apr 05, 12, 02:26:09 AM »

Lectori Salutem,

I think I might have found a bug in HeroEngine. Yesterday, I created a whole lotta GUI, and it seems to be this bug is quite consistent.

What I wanted to achieve is as follows: Create a button with 3 states: normal, hover and clicked upon. I handpainted my 3 buttons, exported them correctly, and could get them to view in HeroEngine without problems.

Now for the bug part:

In the properties panel, there are 3 options that I have to change in order for the button to work on the 3 states:
 - defaultStatePresentation (how it normally looks)
 - hoverStatePresentation (how it looks upon hovering)
 - selectedStatePresentation (for clicking)

Now, as it didn't work with only changing the correct label, I modified them all (though still no luck). But the bug now is:
 ==> If I change the location of the "hoverStatePresentation" on the texture, the "defaultStatePresentation" gets updated with the new numbers, forcing me to first copy and paste all 3 of them in notepad, and then manually pasting them in the right state again. It does that with all the StatePresentations.

Is someone else having this issue?

Awaiting your responses,

Dwight

P.S.: No console messages for any errors.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 12, 08:46:11 AM by HE-Cooper »

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
Re: I.. Perhaps found a bug?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 12, 11:02:25 AM »

When the texture editor opens, it opens to the default tab. You need to select the tab for the state you want, and just edit that one.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 12, 12:38:30 PM »

When the texture editor opens, it opens to the default tab. You need to select the tab for the state you want, and just edit that one.

That is what I did; I first selected the StatePresentation that I wanted to edit, and then clicked on the button with the 3 dots next to it. Still, it changes the first defaultStatePresentation, and not the one that I clicked on. That's why I thought it was so strange.

HE-Cooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 12, 01:01:33 PM »

I'm in the editor right now, and that's not the behavior I'm seeing. If I click the ... in selectedstate etc, it opens the texture selector. I click on the tab I want to change, change it, and it's changed, leaving the other fields as they were before. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are doing.

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 12, 02:19:11 PM »

Yeah, after you click on the button with the 3 dots next to it, in the texture editor that opens be sure you select the tab for Hover and set the values for that tab.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

PN-Dwight

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Pirates' Nest
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 12, 02:44:01 PM »

AHA!

Sorry for the confusion, Cooper and Scott, but that was indeed the issue. It always opens up the standard window, no matter wat "..."-button you click!

Has been resolved!