HeroEngine Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or Register for HeroCloud Account.

Author Topic: [CLOSED]world designer here  (Read 3563 times)

aimbotist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
[CLOSED]world designer here
« on: Apr 15, 12, 08:24:19 PM »

Hey recruiters I just recently have seen the hero engine and I am looking to help a team develop an mmorpg, I am looking for something faster paced than your normal mmorpgs (more along the diablo style in turns of game-play. I have seen all the tutorials and a friend that is a 3d artist decided to look into this engine so I have been educating myself over the past week on everything and anything world construction wise that the hero engine can do.

I am 25 years old, and I have done level designing for custom counter-strike maps for 12 years but that is a whole nother engine.

Honestly  I am looking for the opportunity to join an MMORPG that plans to go somewhere. I am willing to dedicate around 20 hours a week to developing the game world. With the proper artist to draw layouts and the proper static/dynamic models I feel I could develop some pretty decent areas/worlds if given the opportunity.

feel free to contact me through PM or VIA skype :username: Aimbotist11.

Thank you for giving me your time in reading this posting and I hope that a team will really give me the opportunity that I am looking for!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 12, 11:22:46 PM by aimbotist »

DNA_klownicus

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Voodoo Games
Re: world designer here
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 12, 08:25:53 PM »

so you pretty much are only a idea person, you have no technical skill. Editing terrain isn't exactly super skillful

aimbotist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 12, 08:29:44 PM »

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 12, 08:41:25 PM by aimbotist »

FI-ScottZ

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
    • Forever Interactive, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 12, 09:11:46 PM »

No need to be so negative.  If you're not interested, just ignore the post.
Scott Zarnke
Lead Programmer, Visions of Zosimos
CTO, Forever Interactive, Inc.

aimbotist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 12, 09:17:22 PM »

I am willing to learn more about the game engine but honestly I very much enjoyed creating levels in counter-strike source, and I want to be apart of creating an mmorpg world and from messing around with the editor it seems like it would be considered a job due to needing the world to be put together everything from small towns to large cities to endless caverns. It seems like it might actually be considered a job I thought?

If it really is not considered a job hopefully someone on the forums will say hey its not a job instead of just posting negative feedback to my original posting.  :-\

COOLTYCHO

• General Accounts
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/cooltycho/
    • View Profile
Re: [CLOSED]world designer here
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 12, 06:33:47 AM »

World designing is definitely a job all its own, if you want your game to look professional of course. My own two man development team could use someone to develop our world, so that the rest of us can focus on other tasks. Don't be discouraged :)

I'd recommend uploading some screenshots from the Source maps you created to give people an idea of what you're capable of.

aimbotist

• General Accounts
    • View Profile
Re: [CLOSED]world designer here
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 12, 06:59:12 PM »

source maps would do no justice at all due to the fact that everything in source is made by hand ... well if your good :) but hero engine seems to use more static models with terraforming involved which is a whole lot easier. I did find myself a team and just finished signing on with them though!